Scientific Program Manager
Scientific Program Manager
Looking for an exciting career in human and environmental toxicology, safety, and risk assessment? Are you a masters or PhD graduate looking for a great place to start your career? If so, read on.
The Health and Environmental Sciences Institute (HESI), a global nonprofit scientific organization, seeks an Scientific Program Manager to help manage a diverse set of projects focused on human and environmental safety and risk assessment. HESI offers the opportunity to work with internationally recognized scientists from government, academia, and industry. This responsible position requires leadership skills and the ability to work as part of a team.
This position works in Washington, DC and reports to the HESI Executive Director.
- Provides scientific, technical, administrative and programmatic support to committees and subcommittees while acquiring a general understanding of the technical scientific basis for the committees;
- Works with committee members to develop consensus on activities that are consistent with HESI’s mission for project development;
- Prepares and monitors committee budgets and assists in the development and preparation of committee scientific reports and publications;
- Assumes responsibility for all phases of committee meeting preparation including agenda development and minute writing, as well as arranging outside conferences, seminars, and workshops.
- A master's degree or Ph.D. in a scientific field such as toxicology, pathology, chemistry, environmental health, or related life sciences and a minimum of 1-2 years of experience in project management, drug or chemical safety evaluation, scientific consulting, and/or regulatory affairs.
- Strong meeting and team facilitation skills and the ability to work with groups meeting virtually or in person.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills, outstanding management and organizational ability.
At HESI, it is our mission to collaboratively identify and help to resolve global health and environmental challenges through the engagement of scientists from academia, government, industry, clinical practice, research institutes and NGOs. We achieve that in a variety of ways:
- Create a collaborative environment where scientists from academia, government, industry, and NGOs come together to find solutions that improve health and environmental safety.
- Encourage the development of meaningful studies that ask the right questions, structure the right framework, and develop solutions that inform decision-making by both private- and public-sector scientists.
- Create a knowledge base that can be easily transferred from the laboratory or journal page to real life.
HESI is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V. Learn more about our organization at www.hesiglobal.org
Individuals interested in applying for this position should send their resume and cover letter to Career@hesiglobal.org.