The American Society of Nephrology (ASN) hosts the world’s largest and most prestigious annual gathering of kidney professionals. Each year approximately 13,000 people attend ASN Kidney Week to present research, learn from others, and advance care for millions. Reporting to the ASN Senior Director for Education, the Education Coordinator plans, implements, and supports educational activities that advance and transform patient-centered health care.
- Serve as the primary staff contact for Kidney Week sessions and faculty; responsibilities include: communicating regularly with faculty; and coordinating with other staff on other activity-related needs including marketing, logistics, and enduring content. Ensure that all Kidney Week activities and content continue to meet and exceed long-held standards of excellence.
- Serve as the primary staff contact for Kidney Week abstract inquiries (approximately 5,000 abstracts annually).
- Manage the Kidney Week database of meeting, faculty, and abstract information.
- Maintain standard operating procedures for the Kidney Week database.
- Administer the Kidney Week planning committees, supporting volunteer leaders and providing key background and meeting history to inform all phases of planning.
- Ensure ACCME compliance and maintain ACCME activity files for all assigned activities.
- Provide support for other educational activities as needed.
- Address external inquiries regarding all assigned activities in a timely manner.
- Assume other duties and responsibilities appropriate to the position and area.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- At least three years of independent project management experience with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and to respond to shifting priorities.
- Proficiency using technology to organize and execute projects (particularly Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook as well as databases.
- Strong communication skills, written and oral.
- Exceptional organizational skills, time management, and attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Experience with medical meetings, particularly abstracts.
- Experience working with volunteer leaders, particularly physicians.
- Experience with continuing education including accreditation, particularly CME.
- Nonprofit/association experience, particularly medical/healthcare.
ASN offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a comprehensive fringe benefits package.
Interested applicants should email a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements (with the subject line: Education Coordinator) to ASN at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note the society can only accept online applications for this position.