Health Care Technologist II
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
MRI Technologist- Institute for Biohealth Innovation
The George Mason University Institute for Biohealth Innovation, within the Provostâ€™s Office and the MRI Laboratory Director invites applications for the position of MRI Technologist. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
About the Institute for Biohealth Innovation: The Institute for Biohealth Innovation (IBI) is a discovery and innovation engine designed to enhance the universityâ€™s research portfolio in the bio- and health sciences, and engineering and public policy domains, while also driving economic growth in the Commonwealthâ€™s biotech and health sciences industries.
Responsibilities: The MRI Technologist will report to the IBI Associate Director and work closely with the MRI Laboratory Director, Director of Environmental Health and Laboratory Safety, university administrators, faculty, and students. The MRI Technologist will support research activities conducted within the MRI suite and implement the MRI Safety Program. Specific Duties Include:
- Operate the Magnetom Prisma 3T full body MRI scanner;
- Maintain documentation and records for participant screening, quality assurance data, incidental findings, scanning time, service and maintenance;
- Organize, archive, and facilitate the transfer of acquired imaging data;
- Maintain policies and procedures for operations of the MRI suite;
- Facilitate user compliance with all relevant policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements regarding MRI safety and operations;
- Respond to any incidents or emergencies within the MRI suite that occur during and after normal work hours;
- Oversee the development and implementation of MRI training for all users to include faculty, graduate students, and any other users designated by the MRI Laboratory director;
- Work with investigators to design and implement new and existing MRI research scanning protocols;
- Interface with the research participant and parent or guardian for minors by 1) providing an overview of the procedure to be performed and answering relevant questions, 2) conducting screening interview, 3) preparing research participant for scanning; 4) conversing with research participant during scanning; 5) removing research participant from the scanner, and 6) conducting follow-up interviews after scanning; and
- Oversee service, maintenance and operations for the MRI suite to include ensuring all necessary service contracts are in place, coordinating with service engineers, and performing routine cleaning and maintenance of the MRI facility.
- Possess current American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) MRI certification and CPR/BLS (Basic Life Support);
- Successful completion of AMA-sponsored School of Radiologic Technology program;
- Demonstrated experience working as a MRI technologist ;
- Ability to safely and independently move, push, and pull heavy equipment, supplies and subjects;
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot MRI equipment;
- Proven collaborative and professional skills and customer service orientation; and
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills to include basic computer skills.
- Experience working as a MRI Technologist in a research setting;
- Experience working with a Siemens 3T Full Body MRI system; and
- Experience working in a large public institution.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :