Montgomery College is Maryland's premier community college, serving more than 60,000 students each year through credit and noncredit programs. We are dedicated to providing an exceptional education for all of our students, and we recognize that our faculty and staff are integral to our continued success. We give employees the environment, tools, and opportunities they need to make a difference.
Job Description SummaryMontgomery College, Central Services, has an immediate need for a full-time Electrician, position #S03279. The work schedule is 40 hours per week. Occasional overtime and recall during emergencies is required.
Montgomery College is a public, fully accredited, open admission institution. Led by President DeRionne P. Pollard, Ph.D., Montgomery College is dedicated to student success and widely recognized for the quality and scope of its academic programs. Do you want to join us in our mission of providing an exceptional education and fostering student success? The faculty and staff of MC are integral to our continued excellence. We are looking for dedicated professionals for opportunities throughout the College.Job Description
The Electrician performs skilled and hazardous electrical work (in response to requests for service and/or work orders), installation of electrical systems (equipment, wiring, lighting), and renovation and new construction projects.
Install electrical equipment, light fixtures and cabling per drawings, specifications and National Electric Code.
- Install electrical panels and transformers, interior and exterior light fixture, electrical outlets, cabling and raceways, electrical control device (motor starts, overload deices and VFDs), low voltage lighting systems, low voltage control wiring and electrical services.
Review plans and specification to insure accuracy and constructability.
- Conduct load calculation for existing and new equipment.
- Load test panels to insure electrical capacity is available.
- Assess existing conditions and provide input in the design process.
- Read construction plan and specifications.
Maintain and install fire alarm systems and devices
- Install new fire alarm devices (horns, strobes, smoke and heat detectors) and new cabling.
- Trouble shoot and repair existing systems.
Trouble shoot and maintain existing electrical equipment.
- Perform inspections on electrical panels and equipment.
- Clean and maintain electrical panels and high voltage switch gear.
- Cleans and maintains transformers.
Performs demolition work.
- Demo all electric cables and equipment from construction area.
- Assist with demolition of walls and ceiling in affected work area.
Assist and support Operations and Maintenance electricians as need.
- Assist O&M in solving complicated electrical problem.
- Provide additional support to O&M electricians when needed.
- Journeymen level electrical license
- Montgomery County fire alarm inspection, maintenance and testing license
- 5 years' experience working as journeymen level electrician in a commercial setting
- 3 years' experience in working on multi-trade work sites
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Valid driver's license
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship
- Master electrical license
- Apply online at http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/employment
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
- Successful completion of a background check.
- Participation in a retirement plan.
Our benefits package includes: generous paid vacation, sick, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision, group legal benefits, professional development, retirement plan, educational assistance, tuition waiver for employee and dependents, wellness programming including onsite gyms, pools and classes.Closing DateOpen Until Filled
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free and smoke-free workplace
For disability-related accommodations, please call 240-567-5353
or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting
equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.