Senior Software Engineer
Join an innovative team that is responsible for transforming the customer experience by creating and bringing to market new products and services based upon globalized connectivity without boundaries. We reach beyond the traditional satellite industry and the broader communications landscape. As part of the Intelsat vision, we will define new products with the performance, features, and flexibility required to open new profitable markets, drive new revenue streams and ensure the most reliable and secure communications globally. To accomplish our goal, we are looking for bold thinkers who will continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come.
Intelsat is seeking an experienced ServiceNow software engineer who enjoys working with multiple parts of the ServiceNow platform. You will be part of a team building out multiple parts of Intelsat's ServiceNow instance, including inventory, workflow, and case management.
An ideal candidate will have hands-on experience in the ground-up design and development of one or more ServiceNow modules and be able to work as a member of a team. Communication skills are essential as we work closely with operational staff.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
- Work with a team to implement and customize ServiceNow functionality to operational needs.
- Work with operations and engineering teams to understand and document their ServiceNow requirements.
- Identify, plan and implement solutions that contribute to the overall ServiceNow platform.
- Promote, enforce, and maintain Intelsat coding standards; Hold code reviews and build code with automated unit and regression tests.
- Solve problems and find solutions independently using available tools within ServiceNow and elsewhere.
- Successfully debug complex issues found in production between multiple systems or services.
- Design intuitive interfaces for users within Intelsat's ServiceNow portal.
- Act as a subject matter expert in one or more ServiceNow processes or functions.
- Engage with Information Security, Operations and Engineering teams to support the deployment of applications - including new major releases, minor enhancements/fixes, etc.
- Collaborate as part of an Agile development team, actively engage in technical discussions, share technical ideas and contribute to improving the quality of the applications.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent; an equivalent combination of education and work experience will be considered in lieu of the stated minimum education and work experience requirements
- Demonstrated abilities in design and development of complex multi-tier applications
- A minimum of 3+ years working in IT
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in building ServiceNow interfaces and modules. Development experience in other cloud platforms (such as Salesforce) may be acceptable.
- Familiarity and experience with ServiceNow concepts, such as business rules, workflows, integrations, and app development/design.
- Ability to work independently and possess excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience creating and consuming RESTful services at scale
- Experience with relational database design.
- Strong knowledge of building interfaces between multiple systems
- Developing system interfaces and integrations using a variety of technologies
- Experience working in a hybrid cloud infrastructure is preferred.
- Microsoft C# and .Net platform development experience preferred.
- This role is subject to ITAR; candidates must be a US Person (this includes US Citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Individual such as an asylee or refugee).
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.