Business Program Associate
Business Program Associate
Two Rivers Public Charter School is looking for an energetic, dedicated Program Associate to join our network office and vibrant educational community. The Program Associate reports to the Business Manager and will work closely with staff across the organization to provide human resources and business operations (primarily procurement) support.
About Two Rivers
Two Rivers Public Charter School serves a diverse group of learners across three locations in Wards 5 and 6. Staff at Two Rivers create an exciting educational environment in which students and staff become a community of learners on a journey of discovery. Two Rivers uses the EL Education model, which emphasizes interactive, hands-on, project-based learning. The school focuses on the whole child, recognizing the importance of character education and the social-emotional needs of children while helping them achieve academic excellence.
The Two Rivers staff shares a strong belief that all children can learn and be high achievers. The curriculum at Two Rivers is rigorous, standards-based, and provides opportunities for students to excel in all areas. An integrated arts program and a content-based Spanish program augment the school’s demanding academic program. These elements come together through learning expeditions that allow students to incorporate and apply their classroom learning through real world experiences. The mission of Two Rivers is to nurture a diverse group of students to become lifelong, active participants in their own education, develop a sense of self and community, and become responsible and compassionate members of society.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Human Resources and Business Operations
- Serve as a welcoming, professional first contact to new staff who interact with Two Rivers by phone, in person, and through email
- Complete onboarding process for new staff including benefits enrollment
- Proactively communicate with staff around key policy and benefit changes
- Manage employment files and data
- In conjunction with Business Manager, conduct new staff orientation sessions and assist staff with routine human resources questions
- Prepare and submit compliance reports to authorizer and key city, state, and federal agencies
- Serve as the point person for organizing the procurement process to be compliant with internal processes and external regulations with a variety of organization stakeholders (Business Manager, Director of Operations, Academic Leaders)
- Complete procurement-related tasks
- Writing and editing RFPs
- Advertising and notifications
- Coordinating the bid and review process
- Convening procurement group for recommendations
- Writing Board memos as background for Board vote
- Ensuring contracts are signed in a timely and compliant manner
- Completing follow up documentation and submissions
- Belief in the Two Rivers mission and educational model
- Minimum of three years’ work experience in non-profit or school setting or, for candidates with three years’ work experience in other settings, demonstrated interest (e.g., volunteer work) in non-profit sector
- At least one year of work experience in financial management, compliance, or human resources.
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer-service mindset
- Bachelor’s or higher degree preferred
- Candidate must demonstrate solid mathematical ability, critical thinking, and organizational skills with close attention to detail
- Strong demonstrated writing skills
- Experience in collaborating with cross-department teams to achieve common goals
- Personal sense of investment in quality of work product
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Flexibility and ability to multitask
- Assertive and self-motivated
We offer a competitive compensation package and a comprehensive package of benefits.
Two Rivers is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate all applicants without unlawful consideration of race, religion, age, color, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.