Director of Development
Director of Development
Two Rivers Public Charter School is seeking a dedicated, entrepreneurial, and highly organized leader to become part of its vibrant educational community. The Director of Development is responsible for envisioning, planning, and directing all of Two Rivers’ fundraising, including the major gifts program, annual fund, special events, and capital campaigns. The Director reports to the Executive Director, and collaborates with the Director of External Relations in all development and fundraising endeavors.
About Two Rivers
Two Rivers Public Charter School serves a diverse group of learners across three locations in Wards 5 and 6. Staff at Two Rivers create an exciting educational environment in which students and staff become a community of learners on a journey of discovery. Two Rivers uses the EL Education model, which emphasizes interactive, hands-on, project-based learning. The school focuses on the whole child, recognizing the importance of character education and the social-emotional needs of children while helping them achieve academic excellence.
The Two Rivers staff shares a strong belief that all children can learn and be high achievers. The curriculum at Two Rivers is rigorous, standards-based, and provides opportunities for students to excel in all areas. An integrated arts program and a content-based Spanish program augment the school’s demanding academic program. These elements come together through learning expeditions that allow students to incorporate and apply their classroom learning through real world experiences. The mission of Two Rivers is to nurture a diverse group of students to become lifelong, active participants in their own education, develop a sense of self and community, and become responsible and compassionate members of society.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead the school’s annual, strategic, and capital campaign fundraising initiatives
- Oversee the school’s fundraising database, ensuring the timely recordation of gift and donor activity as well as the development of accurate reports that inform fundraising strategies and decision-making
- Establish and track performance metrics that evaluate the effectiveness of the school’s fundraising program
- Supervise and support the Director of Foundations and Grants and Development Associate in meeting individual and shared goals
- Oversee the school’s foundation relations program
- Collaborate with the Director of External Relations to create a clear vision for the major gifts program, including identification, cultivation, and solicitation of major donors
- Support the Director of External Relations in cultivating major gifts among external stakeholders (e.g. corporations, individuals not directly affiliated with Two Rivers, etc.)
- Meet prospective donors and supporters on a continual basis to ensure effective communications
- Manage the annual giving program, Beyond the Basics, and outline strategies to solicit and steward gifts from a wide variety of constituents, including parents and families, Board members, and others
- Fully engage members of the Board of Trustees in fundraising activities, serving as an ex-officio member of the development committee and providing Trustees with the tools, knowledge, and motivation to serve as full partners of the development team
- Leverage marketing materials and publications to support fundraising activities
Leveraging Special Events
- Direct and support the school’s volunteer Gala Co-chairs, providing guidance and expertise to ensure the continued success and growth of the annual Framing the Future fundraising event
- Focus and deepen the school’s cultivation program through initiatives including but not limited to campus tours, student showcase events, house parties, thank-a-thons, and other engagement vehicles to ensure the school builds personal and meaningful relationships with its prospects and donors
- Belief in the Two Rivers mission and educational model
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in professional fundraising setting
- Experience in individual giving, including campaign and major gift solicitations, as well as foundation and corporate relations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; able to write and speak persuasively about the organization to various constituencies
- Exceptional project management skills, including designing, implementing, and tracking multiple campaigns and programs
- Demonstrated success in leading volunteers and working with boards and committees
- Prior experience in education, especially independent or charter schools, is desirable
- Understanding of database management systems and moves management principles; a working knowledge of Salesforce or similar software is desirable
- Experience in developing a budget and tracking and measuring results
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, disciplined, but sometimes unpredictable school environment
- Willingness and ability to work evenings and weekends when/as necessary
- Bachelors or higher degree from an accredited college or university
We offer a competitive compensation package and a comprehensive package of benefits.
Two Rivers is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate all applicants without unlawful consideration of race, religion, age, color, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.