Student Financial Counselor
A local, historic DC University seeks customer service focused individuals to support their Bursar's office with student financial counseling services. Seeking any and all candidates who have experience working at a University, providing customer service to students!
- Serves as front-line person at the Cashier's Office window or the Student Financial Services Area, responding professionally and courteously to all inquiries from constituents.
- Process daily payments received by the College for all accounts receivable invoices and miscellaneous billings, for student and non-student accounts.
- Handles a variety of customer situations over the phone, in person or via email, using tact and diplomacy.
- Monitor past due student accounts to ensure timely recovering of payments.
- Responsible for communicating and monitoring student account balances and status of payment plan installments to students and ensuring the accurate and timely posting of student account payments, refunds, waivers, balance transfers, and adjustments.
- Assists in student services including advisement of students' financial obligations, financial options, tuition invoice, and student account balances.
- Associate degree required; Bachelor's degree preferred
- 1 - 3 years of previous experience in student accounts/cashiering
- Strong customer service orientation; demonstrated ability to interact successfully with faculty, staff and students.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of Banner preferred.
Qualified candidates should send their resume OR call Sparks Group at 202-463-5100 for additional details. Please note resume must include a valid email address in order to be considered.
We look forward to discussing your background, your current job search, and your potential career path with Sparks Group!
Apply for Student Financial Counselor
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly