Our client is a government contractor, and they are seeking a tech-savvy, customer service focused Application Support Specialist to join their team working onsite at the US Coast Guard HQ’s. This is an opportunity to use your technical and customer service skills simultaneously!
- Provide walk-in, email, remote desktop and telephone one-on-one Advanced/Expert level application support for COTS office automation applications and equipment.
- Respond to customer via email and telephone.
- Provide conversion capabilities for word processing, spreadsheets, and data files.
- Provide conversion between different media types, size and formats.
- Assist walk-in customers with using peripherals and hardware including scanners, CD/DVD duplication, and all types of removable media and video capturing.
- Maintain computer equipment for customer checkout (e.g. projector, digital cameras, video cameras, etc.).
- Assist customers with converting video content from one format to another using either the Windows or IOS operating system.
- Manage the use of shared resources to include, but not limited to scanners, printers, CD-ROMs and digital cameras.
- Develop, update, and revise user guides.
- Research new hardware and software to meet customers’ requirements.
- Review the Remedy queue at the beginning of every business day and respond to tickets within 24 business hours of receipt.
- Advanced knowledge of the following COTS software: Microsoft Office products versions 2010 or later: Word, Outlook, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project, and SharePoint Designer; Nuance products: Omnipage Ultimate or later, PaperPort 14 or later and PDF Create 8 or later; Adobe products: Acrobat XI or later, Reader, and Creative Suites 6.
- Position requires Public Trust or ability to obtain and hold Public Trust
Qualified candidates should send their resume OR call Sparks Group for additional details. Please note resume must include a valid email address in order to be considered.
We look forward to discussing your background, your current job search, and your potential career path with Sparks Group!