Deputy National Intelligence Officer for Economics
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
- In addition to solid grounding in general economic analysis, more extensive work experience and expertise on the institutions, policies, and negotiations associated with sanctions and/or international trade and investment would be a plus.
- Working knowledge and skills to use collaborative tools such as Intellipedia, Sharepoint, A-Space or on-line Communities of Interest (COIs).
This is an opportunity for:
- An internal candidate to fill a GS-15 cadre position.
- A Federal Government employee to serve on a two-year reimbursable detail assignment in the ODNI. The detail assignment may be extended an additional year if all parties agree.
- A GS-15 staff reserve position in the ODNI. Staff reserve appointments are time-limited appointments made for a period of up to 3 years, with a possible extension up to 2 additional years.
Current GS employees at the same grade or one grade lower than the advertised position grade may apply.
Former members of the Peace Corps may be considered for ODNI employment only if five full years have elapsed since separation from the Peace Corps.
- For a cadre assignment:
- Current ODNI permanent cadre.
- Current ODNI Staff Reserve employees. (A staff reserve employee who currently occupies this position may not apply.)
- Current Federal Government employees.
- Candidates outside the Federal Government.
- For a detailee assignment:
- Current Federal Government employees. (Current GS employees at the same grade or one grade lower than the advertised position grade may apply.)
- The ODNI uses a rank-in-person system in which rank is attached to the individual. A selected ODNI candidate or other Federal Government candidate will be assigned to the position at the employee's current GS grade and salary.
- A current Federal Government employee, selected for a detail, will be assigned to the position at his or her current grade and salary.
- For a selected non-Federal Government candidate, salary will be established based on education and experience.
Mandatory and Educational Requirements
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and management skills to conceptualize and effectively lead complex analytic projects with limited supervision. Ability to work with and fairly represent the community when analytic views differ among agencies.
- Excellent communications skills, including ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels of leadership and target knowledge, both inside and outside the organization, to give oral presentations and to otherwise represent the NIC in interagency meetings.
- Proven critical thinking skills and the ability to prepare finished intelligence assessments and other written products with emphasis on clear organization, concise, and logical presentation.
- Expertise in economic analysis and knowledge of the IC's economic analytic community, and collection issues sufficient to lead the IC's analytic production and identify collection requirements and gaps.
- Extensive knowledge of and ability to apply analytic, diagnostic, and qualitative techniques sufficient to produce authoritative finished intelligence products and the ability to employ new methodological approaches to analyze information.
- Creative problem-solving skills and superior ability to provide leadership in carrying out mission responsibilities.
The ODNI is an equal opportunity employer and abides by applicable employment laws and regulations.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES: The ODNI provides reasonable accommodations to otherwise qualified applicants with disabilities. IF YOU NEED A REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the Intelligence Community Equal Employment Opportunity and Diversity Office Representative by classified email at DNI-EEOD-RA-ACF@exchange.cia.ic.gov, by unclassified email at DNI-EEOD@dni.gov, by telephone at 703-874-8360, by TTY at 703-874-8554, or by FAX at 703-874-8651. Your request for reasonable accommodation will be addressed on a case-by-case basis. PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION TO THE EEOD EMAIL ADDRESS. THIS EMAIL IS FOR REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY. PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION VIA THE EMAIL ADDRESS PROVIDED IN THE 'HOW TO APPLY' SECTION BELOW.
JOB INTERVIEW TRAVEL: Candidates from outside the Washington, D.C., area may be selected for a telephone, teleconference, or in-person interview. If selected for an in-person interview, the ODNI hiring office will pay for travel by commercial carrier (economy class) or reimburse for privately owned vehicle (POV) mileage. If applicable, the candidate also will be reimbursed at a flat rate for commercial lodging and per diem.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants are encouraged to carefully review the position description and required KSAs and then construct their resumes to highlight their most relevant and significant experience and education for this job opportunity. The description should include examples that detail the level and complexity of the work performed. Applicants will also be evaluated on their narrative responses to the KSAs. The best qualified applicants will be further evaluated through an interview process.Read more Security clearance Top Secret/SCI