Host/Hostess, Part Time
- Part Time
- A premier healthcare system
- A compassionate mission of healing
- Dynamic Maryland/Washington D.C. market
We are a non-profit network of healthcare providers based in Rockville, Maryland. At Adventist HealthCare, you will find a clear passion for caring for the whole person and a progressive faith-based mission. Pursue Excellence. Practice with Compassion.
The Host/Hostesses is responsible for going to patient rooms and taking meal orders, preparing meals, and delivering meals to patients.
* Be able to use an iPad or Tablet for taking patient meal orders.
* Ability to accurately assemble and deliver patient food trays according to prescribed diet.
* Ability to respond quickly to patient needs.
* Ability to work with nurses and hospital staff to ensure patient satisfaction.
* Excellent communication and customer service skills.
* High School Diploma or equivalent.
* Must be highly self-directed, working in a time sensitive and fast-paced work environment.
* Candidate must be a team player with a positive attitude
* Previous hospital or restaurant customer service experience preferred.
* Proficiency in English a must. Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
Tobacco use is a well-recognized preventable cause of death in the United States and an important public health issue. In order to promote and maintain a healthy work environment, We will not hire applicants for employment who either state that they are nicotine users or who test positive for nicotine use.
We will withdraw offers of employment to applicants who test positive for Cotinine (nicotine). Those testing positive for cotinine are given the opportunity to re-apply in 90 days, if they can truthfully attest that they have not used any nicotine products in the past ninety (90) days and successfully pass follow-up testing.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.