Sr Certification Specialist
Senior Certification Specialist
Office of Veterans Initiatives
Exempt, Contingent II, 100% Full Time, Pay Grade 1.2
University of Maryland University College seeks a Senior Certification Specialist. Reporting to the Assistant Director, the Senior Certification Specialist is responsible for the management of all administrative processes of VAONCE, the electronic certification process for UMUC students receiving Department of Veteran Affairs educational benefits.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Provide students and prospective students with general information about educational benefits
- Review student records and monitor student enrollments in order to remain in compliance with Department of Veterans Affairs regulations
- Assist students in resolving problems with the Department of Veterans Affairs
- Liaise with overseas Certification Officials to process enrollment certifications
- Liaise with VA/Military Advising team to process supplemental enrollments
- Ensure office protocols are followed and certifications completed in a timely manner
- Supervise office staff members who will assist in the certification process
- Perform other duties as assigned
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree from and accredited institution of higher learning and two (2) years of experience working at an institution of higher learning with preference in a college Veterans Affairs Office or Student Advising.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Experience in PeopleSoft and VAONCE preferred. Knowledge and experience with Microsoft
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.If you are an external candidate, you will have the option to create an account after you submit your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to apply to additional jobs.