Procurement Strategy Officer
- Full Time
Intelsat is the world's leading provider of satellite services delivering high-performance connectivity solutions for media, fixed and mobile broadband infrastructure, enterprise and government applications.
With a global fleet of approximately 50 satellites and seven owned teleports and terrestrial facilities, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers. Intelsat's business is diversified by service offering, customer group, satellite and geography, which reduces market and operating risk. Customers include some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations.
Intelsat has offices in Australia, Brazil, China, France, Germany, India, Japan, Kenya, Luxembourg, Russia, Senegal, Singapore, South Africa, the United Arab Emirates, the United Kingdom and the United States.
The company is pioneering transformation across its entire ecosystem and beyond the satellite industry. The satellite industry is at an exciting inflection point. In an era of rapid technology change and dynamic consumer and business-driven demand, Intelsat is pivoting to transform its business to integrate satellite services with new technologies. With the advent of the Internet of Things, connected cars, drones and ubiquitous connectivity on multiple devices, Intelsat is developing ways to integrate satellite into each of these areas. Intelsat has invested in research and product development on sensors for IoT applications, next generation satellite antennas for the connected car, business jets and cruise ships, and communications kiosks to bring connectivity via satellite to remote and rural areas of the world. Intelsat is dedicated to envisioning the future and enabling connectivity everywhere and anywhere on the planet.
In support of Intelsat's current and future business plans, we are seeking a Strategic Procurement Officer (SPO) to champion and drive the strategic planning; management and oversight of corporate procurement spend. Based in McLean, VA and reporting to the Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, the SPO's strategic focus will be to lead the organization in leveraging spend to improve productivity, optimize cost efficiency and align with the business strategies to optimize value (as defined by total cost of ownership, quality, supplier integrity and other sourcing dimensions). This is a transformational leadership role tasked with driving the organization to world class performance in sourcing, procurement, supply chain, operational and employee facing finance programs.
- Outstanding Strategic Capability: The SPO will assume a global view of the entire procurement process, developing a vision and strategy that aligns with current and future business plans. Analytically focused, the SPO must identify emerging trends, frame the right questions and create realistic and financially sound visions for all operational activities. Must quickly demonstrate an ability to translate the strategies into actionable roadmap and plans.
- Collaboration and Influence: It is essential that the SPO has the ability to build trust and collaborative relationships in a global matrix environment with different constituents and dispersed teams: Sales, Operations, Space Systems, Innovation and Product Development. The SPO is a strong communicator, able to listen, challenge and give constructive feedback to peers and business leaders. Must be inspiring and a thought leader driving Intelsat to the next level by convincing, partnering and collaborating with others.
- Results Orientation: The SPO is expected to set stretch targets and deliver against them, taking full ownership for the goals and the results. Must demonstrate personal commitment and will drive to manage with high standards and objectives. Leads with a sense of urgency, exhibiting resilience in tough environments and a willingness to challenge the status quo as needed.
- Develop and implement best-in-class procurement processes to efficiently deliver on sourcing activity and procurement services, build competitively advantaged knowledge bases and reduce transactional support costs across the organization.
- Demonstrate influence, motivation and collaboration with Intelsat business leaders to establish a culture of operational efficiency, productivity improvement, value optimization and an aligned focus to consistently identify areas for reduction in operational and procurement spend.
- Consciously evaluate and challenge existing corporate procurement policies; where needed, will develop, streamline and modify sourcing and procurement policies, processes and practices that drive efficient purchasing capability.
- Effectively maximize the latest tools and methods to leverage best practices in competitive bidding, volume aggregation, auctions, preferred supplier programs, emerging supply options, and analyzing market conditions and trends.
· Candidates will possess an undergraduate degree in Business or a related field; MBA or other graduate degree desirable but not required
· A minimum of 10 years of significant experience in strategic sourcing and procurement across a multi-location, globally diverse, fast-paced organization
· Demonstrated business and financial acumen; superb problem solver with exceptional project management skills; able to successfully manage multiple projects and teams simultaneously at varying international locations
· Proven ability to build trust and confidence with internal stakeholders, vendors, and customers leading to solid, long term partnerships
· Established track record of success developing and implementing financial methodologies that deliver on cost reductions, consolidated pricing, improved billing accuracy, strategic vendor selection and management
· Excellent track record of negotiating high-value contracts; able to integrate financial, legal, and technology terms in complex negotiations.
· Prior experience managing spend of at least $500M/$1B, both direct and indirect
- This role is subject to ITAR; candidates must be a US Person (this includes US Citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Individual such as an asylee or refugee).
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.