Our client, a local well established Association, is seeking a Gifts Officer to support their Foundation. This person will be responsible for the overall planning and execution of all elements of the annual giving program and will develop multi-year goals and objectives. We are recruiting for strategic individuals who can help plan and manage a personalized, high-touch, annual giving program, including active engagement and solicitation strategies involving email, direct mail, phone, social media and personal outreach.
- Annual Giving
- Identify stakeholders ripe for giving from existing donor base, prospect pipeline, membership, outside groups and other new, nontraditional targets
- Oversee timely and personalized major gift acknowledgements, create regular fundraising reports/dashboards and recommend/implement programmatic elements that increase efficiency and maximize donor stewardship.
- Work effectively and collaboratively with the development team to build strategies to identify and steward major gift prospects.
- Develop and support the execution of mail, email, digital marketing and social media campaigns targeted to individual donors.
- Donor Communications
- Gifts Officer will provide leadership, strategic direction, oversight, planning, implementation and management of all individual donor/prospect communication and messaging activities to expand awareness of the Foundation to help increase its support, and advance public understanding of and support for the Foundation’s mission.
- Examples include the Foundation website, digital and social outlets, Foundation’s eNewsletter, fundraising campaign outreach, marketing collateral, etc.
- Lead the development of integrated, direct marketing strategies and executions across multiple media channels (direct, email, digital and social) to impact fundraising results and drive desired outcomes and guide compelling direct marketing strategies.
- Develop messaging and donor stewardship strategies. Identify, design, and execute in-market experiments to test new approaches to messaging, targeting, and media optimization. Identify, track, and respond to key business drivers across and within marketing channels.
- Develop and implement audience targeting strategies.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Seven (7) years of fundraising experience, preferably in an association, academic or nonprofit medical fundraising organization and/or for-profit marketing/communications position.
- Experience developing fundraising strategy in a complex environment with multiple stakeholders.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Exceptional written communications and social media skills
- Proven success with major gift fundraising and the annual fund
- Development and execution of multi-year business strategy
- Experience in analyzing campaigns and key business drivers
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple competing priorities
- Leadership and open collaboration among multiple departments
Qualified candidates should send their resume OR call Sparks Group at 202-463-5100 for additional details. Please note resume must include a valid email address in order to be considered.
We look forward to discussing your background, your current job search, and your potential career path with Sparks Group!