Sparks Group is recruiting for an eager, hardworking and detail oriented candidate to join a well known Non-Profit in the DC area as their HR Assistant. This role will be the face of the HR department and interface with employees on a regular basis. The role of the HR Assistant is the maximize office efficiency over the long-term by creating and maintaining HR procedures and practices. Interested candidates may apply online or contact the DC Office of Sparks Group directly at 202-463-5100.
- Oversee and assist with filing, scanning and other administrative tasks for the human resources department as the personnel files are transferred from paper to digital
- Assist in the overall recruiting process:
- Gather feedback after interviews and communicate feedback to hiring managers
- Track the status of candidates in the process within the online recruiting tool
- Ensure applicant profiles and information are received and tracked
- Run candidate pre-employment checks and advise stakeholders on findings
- Assist in the overall onboarding process:
- Prepare and mail new hire orientation packets
- Schedule new hire orientation sessions with leadership team
- Enter new hire information into applicable benefits-related systems
- Utilize HRIS to update employee information and track recruiting, onboarding, and performance management actions
- Scheduling interviews with candidates, sending interview confirmations, being first POC upon arrival for applicants
- Undergraduate or graduate student, currently enrolled in (or has obtained) a Bachelor’s degree in human resources, people management, or similar area.
- 1-2 years of administrative experience preferred
- Experience working for or volunteering with a non-profit or association
- Experience using HR/applicant tracking and/or benefits administration software preferred
- Commitment to confidentiality
- Strong attention to detail and excellent problem solving and organizational skills
- Ability to problem solve as this is the first point of contact within the HR department
- Excellent time management and ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Willingness and desire to work independently, as well as collaboratively, and to take on additional responsibilities
- A positive attitude and an earnest interest in providing good customer service to employees, members, partners and vendors.
Please apply online or call the DC Office at 202-463-5100!
Qualified candidates should send their resume OR call Sparks Group for additional details. Please note resume must include a valid email address in order to be considered.
We look forward to discussing your background, your current job search, and your potential career path with Sparks Group!
Apply for HR Assistant
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly