Sparks Group is recruiting for an eager, hardworking and detail oriented candidate to join a well known Non-Profit in the DC area as their HR Assistant. This role will be the face of the HR department and interface with employees on a regular basis. The role of the HR Assistant is the maximize office efficiency over the long-term by creating and maintaining HR procedures and practices. Interested candidates may apply online or contact the DC Office of Sparks Group directly at 202-463-5100.
- Oversee and assist with filing, scanning and other administrative tasks for the human resources department as the personnel files are transferred from paper to digital
- Assist in the overall recruiting process:
- Gather feedback after interviews and communicate feedback to hiring managers
- Track the status of candidates in the process within the online recruiting tool
- Ensure applicant profiles and information are received and tracked
- Run candidate pre-employment checks and advise stakeholders on findings
- Assist in the overall onboarding process:
- Prepare and mail new hire orientation packets
- Schedule new hire orientation sessions with leadership team
- Enter new hire information into applicable benefits-related systems
- Utilize HRIS to update employee information and track recruiting, onboarding, and performance management actions
- Scheduling interviews with candidates, sending interview confirmations, being first POC upon arrival for applicants
- Undergraduate or graduate student, currently enrolled in (or has obtained) a Bachelor’s degree in human resources, people management, or similar area.
- 1-2 years of administrative experience preferred
- Experience working for or volunteering with a non-profit or association
- Experience using HR/applicant tracking and/or benefits administration software preferred
- Commitment to confidentiality
- Strong attention to detail and excellent problem solving and organizational skills
- Ability to problem solve as this is the first point of contact within the HR department
- Excellent time management and ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Willingness and desire to work independently, as well as collaboratively, and to take on additional responsibilities
- A positive attitude and an earnest interest in providing good customer service to employees, members, partners and vendors.
Please apply online or call the DC Office at 202-463-5100!
Qualified candidates should send their resume OR call Sparks Group for additional details. Please note resume must include a valid email address in order to be considered.
We look forward to discussing your background, your current job search, and your potential career path with Sparks Group!