NACHA – The Electronic Payments Association, is currently seeking a full-time Programmer/Software Developer to join the NACHA team in Herndon, Virginia. As a member of the Information Technology group, this is an exciting opportunity for someone to showcase multiple skills in support of various initiatives with a focus on API standardization in the payments industry.
Many payments providers and leading financial services firms have been using APIs to enhance services, increase automation and strengthen security. But without standardization these businesses and financial services firms cannot reap the full potential of APIs. API standardization can help improve the safety and transparency of transactions, increase efficiencies and speed of communications, and enhance support of payments innovations between like and disparate systems. In this exciting role as programmer/software developer, you will be integral in working collaboratively with both our consultants and the API Standardization Industry Group (ASIG), which includes leadership from financial institutions, fintech companies, businesses, service providers, standards organizations and others, with the mission to further efforts to standardize the use of APIs in the U.S. financial industry.
- Work in an agile work environment with inside and outside collaborators
- Develop API’s for financial services to be able to expose or ingest data
- Create back end and front end components and micro-services
- Define code architecture decisions to support a high-performance application with a minimum footprint
- Address and improve issues/"bugs", sprints and tasks using Jira and Confluence
- Gauge new challenges and create prototypes for constant improvements
- Create technical documentation, flow charts, and other necessary items to document your work
- Meet regularly with teams to discuss progress, review software, manage issues
Essential Functions/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- MEAN Stack Developer - Min 2 years
- Software Development Experience - Min 2 years
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server
- In depth knowledge of NodeJS and ExpressJS
- Front end creation experience using Drupal, HTML5, Angular, LESS/SASS
- Ability to distill complex requirements
- Experience with API design, REST, JSON and XML, TLS, certificates, keystore and API testing
- Familiarity with OpenApi specification, Oauth, OOP and GOF Design Patterns and with Scrum or similar agile practices
- Provide effective user training and support
- Strong written and verbal communication skills as well as listening skills
- Detail oriented
Other Desirable Skills/Background:
- Experience with Apigee, GitHub, SwaggerHub, and Linux is a strong plus
- .Net Core development experience is a strong plus
- Design and develop internal applications using the following technologies:
- .Net Core Framework, C#, CSS/Bootstrap, Entity Framework Microsoft Visual Studio, ASP.NET, Or other programming languages as necessary
- Experience with SQL, MS Azure Services, DevOps, SSIS, SSRS, TFS
- Ability to perform SQL Server administration and data sanitization
- Working knowledge/understanding of ISO20022
NACHA provides a competitive, comprehensive benefits package to include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life insurance, Short- and Long-term Disability, FSA, 401k with Match, VAC/SICK/HOL, Wellness Reimbursement and promotes a culture that encourages learning and professional development.
If you are curious and love to learn new things and would like to be a part of a dynamic team with a mission in mind, please submit your cover letter and resume to NACHAjobs@nacha.org.
About NACHA – The Electronic Payments Association
NACHA facilitates the evolution and use of electronic payments by providing rules and standards leadership and other industry needs via its education, advocacy, inclusive engagement and dialogue. Through its collaborative self-governing model, NACHA manages the development, administration and rules for the Automated Clearing House (ACH) Network – one of the largest, safest, and most reliable payment systems in the world. Annually, it supports more than 24 billion electronic payments, valued at more than $41 trillion. By universally connecting all financial institutions in the U.S., the Network supports consumer, business and government payments by moving money and information directly from one bank account to another through Direct Deposit and Direct Payment via ACH transactions.
NACHA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.