IT SPECIALIST (POLICY AND PLANNING)
Occasional travel - LESS THAN 25%
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Qualification must be met within 30 days after the closing date of this announcement.
For the GG-15, you must have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent in level of difficulty and responsibility to the GS or GG-14 grade level in the Federal service, or comparable in difficulty and responsibility to if outside the Federal service.
Specialized experience is defined as experience in a full-spectrum of Cyberspace Operations to include: formulating policy, Physical Logical and Persona layers of Cyberspace, Satellite Communications, Future Cyberspace Planning and Defensive Cyberspace Operations Planning and Execution.
There is no substitution of education for experience at this grade level.
- If you are a current Federal Career/Career-Conditional employee, you will be placed on an Excepted appointment.
- This appointment does not confer eligibility to be non-competitively converted to the competitive service.
- A three year probationary period is required.
- Individuals tentatively selected for drug testing designated positions at the Defense Information Systems Agency will be required to submit to urinalysis for illegal drugs prior to appointment or placement.
- We may use this announcement to fill additional vacancies within 90 days of the closing date.
- Moving costs will not be paid--however--moving costs must be paid if a DISA employee is selected for the position.
- Recruitment, relocation, or retention incentives will not be authorized.
- This is an Information Security (INFOSEC) position. In accordance with DoD 8570.1-M Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program, selectee must meet Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program, selected must meet Information Assurance Certification standards. Selectee must have an approved waiver prior to placement in this position or achieve the appropriate IA certification within six months of assignment of IA duties. Level 1 certification is required prior to be authorizing unsupervised privileged access.
- Employee is subject to recall or call back during off-shift hours, 7 days a week, 24 hours a day, if required by upper management.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (to verify your registration status click here).
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP): For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible click here. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
- The Department of Defense (DoD) policy on employment of annuitants issued March 18, 2004 will be used in determining eligibility of annuitants. It is applicable to former Federal civilian employees receiving a retirement annuity from the Civil Service Retirement and Disability Fund that are hired within the DoD on or after November 24, 2003. The policy also applies to annuitants (appointed in DoD on/or after November 24, 2003) who move from one position to another within DoD through voluntary reassignment, promotion, change to lower grade or transfer between military departments. To view this policy, please copy and paste the following web address into your web browser: http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/1400.25-V300.pdf.
- This position is subject to the limitations imposed by the DOD Priority Placement Program.
- For more information on veterans' preference click here.
- For more information regarding qualifications requirements please click here.
- For more benefits information please visit: http://www.disa.mil/careers/benefits.htmlhttp://www.disa.mil/careers/benefits.html
- For NON-DISA positions use the DISA verbiage for perm positions changing the web-link to:
- If you are unable to apply online, view the following link for information regarding https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10216268.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the application process is complete, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.
The Assessment Questionnaire takes approximately 15 minutes to complete and collects information on your education, training and experience related to the following critical competencies:
- Information Technology Policy and Planning
- Project Management
- Requirements Analysis
- Risk Management
- Technical Competence
You can preview the Assessment Questionnaire here:https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10216268 Read more Security clearance Top Secret/SCI