Senior Network Engineer
AboutWeb is looking for a Senior Network Engineer.
We are looking for a Senior Network Engineer who is responsible for serving as the company's lead in architecting, designing, developing, implementing, securing, and maintaining communication networks within the corporate and enterprise environments. This position ensures the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the network infrastructure to provide maximum performance for customers and staff. Additional responsibilities include network monitoring/analysis, network security, project management, and documentation as it relates to the network environment. These duties will be accomplished by directing and coordinating activities personally or through other staff in a 24X7 environment. Incumbent will also be responsible for driving continual service improvement in this role.
- The successful candidate will have a bachelor's degree or equivalent experience, with a minimum of 10 years' experience in an IP-based enterprise network environment as a network engineer or architect.
- The candidate must possess expert knowledge of TCP/IP, Internet protocols, Ethernet and be highly skilled at both troubleshooting and triage of all issues. Broad experience with network monitoring equipment, traffic flow analysis, network security, performance tuning and fault tolerance architectures is needed.
- Ability to analyze, debug, track and resolve network performance and security issues is required.
- Experience with the following technologies is preferred, Cisco Nexus and Catalyst switches, Client Procurve switches, Cisco ASA Firewalls, Palo Alto Firewalls, F5 LTM and GTM, Dell SonicWall VPN, Cisco Wireless Solutions, RSA Secure ID, APC power and cooling.
- Must be experienced and proficient in managing IPS/IDS, switches, routers and firewalls. Proficiency in managing F5 load balancers is required.
- Experience with Cisco IOS and NX-OS is required.
- Experience with regular device life cycle maintenance including activities such as upgrading firmware on network devices such as Cisco Switches and routers is a must. Must have a strong understanding of Networking OSI Model.
- Familiarity with network management, traffic and monitoring tools such as Solarwinds and Netflow are needed.
- Detailed experience with Layer 2 switching, VLAN's trunking technologies, Aggregation (LACP, PAGP, VPC, MEC; VTP; and STP, (R) PVST(+), MST is also required.
- Experience planning and executing large scale network changes is a must. Experience using routing protocols such as EIGRP, BGP and OSPF is needed.
- Experience with wireless network services and protocols is required.
- Experience with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and metric based reporting is required. Detailed knowledge of network and security concepts, best practices, and technologies including IPS/IDS, DDoS, IPSec, SSL, DNS, DHCP, routing and switch, IPAM, NAT, etc. is needed.
- Relevant network certifications (CCNP, CCIE, etc.) are preferred, or equivalent knowledge required.
Apply for Senior Network Engineer
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly