Assistant Director, Marketing Creative Operations
Assistant Director, Marketing Creative Operations
Office of Marketing
Exempt, Regular, Full-Time, Pay Grade 3.1
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) seeks an Assistant Director, Marketing Creative Operations to lead the project management team of a large in-house creative services organization that produces an expansive range of award-winning marketing communications, web and advertising materials.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Motivate project management direct reports and stakeholders to a high level of performance and accountability in a high volume, fast-paced environment. Coach talent, recommend training and set team and stakeholder expectations.
- Develop and maintain positive and collaborative relationships with requesters/clients and support teams (designers, writers, web production, media optimization, etc). Facilitate a collaborative work environment with accuracy and excellence in deliverables. Serve as an expert resource for all creative services projects coming through the pipeline for all requesters.
- Lead the planning and prioritization of projects. Use best practices to create schedule templates and apply timelines and resources based upon dependencies. Resolve issues and solve problems throughout the entire project life cycle.
- Responsible for tracking use of human resources as well as internal and external expenses by project type and for making data-based and ROI-centered recommendations for staffing.
- Grow and maintain a bank of contingent/part-time employees who may be leveraged as needed during peak periods.
- Research and recommend ROI-based and efficient policies and processes, including tools and technology, that manage project governance and identify solutions for production bottle necks.
- Manage up and represent team effectively to leadership with use of routine and as-needed project management system reports. Judiciously escalate concerns and make thoughtful recommendations to Associate Vice President, Brand Marketing Communications.
- Serve as system administrator for the Workfront project management application to deliver increased efficiency across the entire marketing department. Develop system reports to ensure a high level of performance, optimization and accountability.
- Ensure project request data fields align with reporting needs, assign user authority to direct reports and stakeholders, recommend training and upgrades, optimize and customize Workfront system and processes for the nature of our business, manage governance filters, pull routine and on-demand reports.
- Fully project manage and facilitate a portion of projects with an emphasis on web-related requests such as web updates with multiple dependencies, landing pages, etc., that require a solid understanding of CMS functionality and web development processes.
- Work with project requesters to evaluate the scoping of project requests to ensure they are properly and efficiently defined and planned. Definition includes clear goals, mandatories, strategic importance, and audience. Planning includes scheduling resources across multiple teams, setting timelines, communication expectations, and ensuring that support assets/materials are supplied. Effectively manage project scopes by ensuring any changes to project scope are documented, accepted and approved.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher learning
- Six (6) or more years in marketing creative project and/or production management
- High level of understanding of creative production best practices for all channels including digital, print, eCRM, web and a solid understanding of the marketing function
- Understanding of and experience with sophisticated creative project management software and tools.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High level of Workfront project management software expertise.
Project management experience in a large marketing organization with a heavy digital presence
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.If you are an external candidate, you will have the option to create an account after you submit your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to apply to additional jobs.