Graduate Assistant - Saints' Center for Service
2/3 GA: The Academic Affairs invites applications for a Graduate Assistantship beginning Fall semester 2018, working 210 hours (14 hours per week) each semester of the assistantship for a waiver of 6 graduate credits each semester of the assistantship.
The successful candidate will work with and report to the Director and Coordinator of the Saintsâ€™ Center for Service.
1. Research service initiatives and topics;
2. Update Saintsâ€™ Center for Service communication and marketing materials;
3. Maintain Saintsâ€™ Center for Service website and Orgsync site. This involves monitoring each site to update time-sensitive information; adding new links suggested by staff, faculty, and community partners; exploring other service web sites and recommending links or new content; updating community partner lists, etc. Maintain departmental social media sites (Twitter, Facebook) and departmental bulletin boards.
4. Assist with institutional assessment activities (spring) and in preparing professional reports throughout the year;
5. Support the Faculty Coordinator of Service Learning with research, assessment, student and faculty development. This includes assisting with the development of grant proposals, doing library research, and obtaining journal articles;
6. Attend SCS meetings. The GA is encouraged to attend and participate in unit meetings, student service events, and other professional meetings as scheduled.
7. Plan and arrange service events, as needed;
8. Providing administrative support to the Center in educational and communication activities, as needed
University required minimum qualifications:
â€¢ You must be accepted into Marymount as a graduate student
â€¢ You must be registered for at least 6 graduate credits during any semester in which you are awarded a GA position.
â€¢ For current students, graduate GPA must be at least 3.0. For entering graduate students, undergraduate GPA must be at least 3.0.
â€¢ Students enrolled full-time are given preference over part-time.
â€¢ Strong skills in research, writing, and interpersonal communication.
â€¢ Initiative and ability to work independently, including creative problem solving.
â€¢ Good computer skills (word, excel, powerpoint); familiar with webpage design and editing.
â€¢ Excellent attention to detail.
Special Notes to Applicants
The position is for Fall 2018 with a possibility of continuing into summer of 2019.
Application materials must be received by
Open Until Filled Yes
Marymount is a comprehensive Catholic university that emphasizes the liberal arts, career preparation, and personal and professional development. Consistently rated #1 or 2 among regional universities in the South for its diverse student body , Marymount serves nearly 4,000 undergraduate and graduate students. The university’s location in suburban Arlington, Virginia, offers easy access to the rich resources and international, cultural, and ethnic diversity of the nation’s capital. Marymount University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer.