Maintenance Schedule Coordinator
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or related engineering field.
- In lieu of a Bachelor’s Degree, a High School Diploma or GED and four (4) years of experience in an electrical or mechanical maintenance position with experience as a maintenance supervisor may be considered.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in an electrical or mechanical maintenance; which includes experience served as a maintenance supervisor or maintenance planner and scheduler.
- Demonstrated experience in administrative maintenance management, maintenance principles and the use of Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or related engineering field
- Certified Maintenance Reliability Professional (CMRP) certification
Possession of or ability to obtain a valid motor vehicle operator’s license issued from the jurisdiction of residence.
Ability to satisfactorily complete the medical examination for this position. The incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of this position either with or without reasonable accommodations.
The Maintenance Scheduling Coordinator is responsible for asset maintenance scheduling, which entails modifying and configuring Preventive Maintenance (PM) activities. The incumbent implements and manages maintenance plans, tasks and scheduling strategies for all predictive and preventive maintenance programs. Develops, revises and assists in the implementation of Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) for all applicable maintenance departments. Works with engineering offices to provide scheduling, technical and documental support and monitors preventive maintenance compliances.
- Schedules WMATA’s vehicles, sub-systems, components and support equipment for preventive maintenance, inspection, modification, and related maintenance tasks in accordance with established procedures and local, state and federal requirements.
- Reviews, verifies and corrects computer generated schedules and performs manual scheduling where necessary. Develops new maintenance schedule plans and proposes improvements to scheduling procedures and SOP’s.
- Reviews, manages and maintains scheduled Preventive Maintenance (PM), Corrective Maintenance (CM) and other related work order backlogs.
- Develop and documents detailed job plans and maintenance job procedures for all appropriate work orders.
- Maintains scheduling database for preventive maintenance on assets. This consist of incorporating schedule changes, new scheduled maintenance requirements and scheduling verifications into the database. Assists operating offices in laying out approved maintenance schedules compatible with database requirements.
- Adjust maintenance schedules according to equipment, facility and personnel availability.
- Works with Reliability and Engineering recommendation to incorporate necessary maintenance schedule adjustments. Recommends procedure and reporting improvements for efficient preventive maintenance of WMATA’s equipment.
- Acts as point of contact for all Planning and Scheduling related issues, providing technical assistance to other Maintenance/Process personnel and external bodies (including legislative bodies). Responds to inquiries and requests made by Authority organizations effectively and in a timely manner; maintains effective work relationships with other Authority facilities and offices.
- Assists WMATA’s departments in defining compliance and preparing compliance reports related to scheduled maintenance by comprising an agreed document defining an agreed value of metrics determining compliant or non-compliant. Monitors maintenance compliance within published schedules and prepares scheduled maintenance status reports.
- Maintains files and archives of all applicable WMATA department’s paperwork received by maintenance planning office as well as retrieving active and archived documentation as required.
- Works with various departments to review manpower availability and selects an appropriate number of work orders for scheduling. Assist in conducting physical inventory of any new or rehabilitated equipment, recording inventory data into the asset management system (i.e. Maximo), and coordinating equipment numbers and serial numbers. Performs inventory induction process, which may involve accessing equipment on or underneath railcars. Optimizes maintenance scheduling analysis by assisting in the gathering of interdepartmental data by running SQL queries and developing reports for maintenance and operation offices. Prepares scheduled maintenance projections for budget planning purposes. Assists Maintenance Planners with procurement of needed parts for kitted jobs, and ensure all non-stock parts are ordered with sufficient lead time to ensure timely delivery at staging for various scheduled work. Visit the field to assure that all job plan steps are being complied with. Serves as backup and support for other Maintenance Planning and Scheduling personnel when they are absent due to vacation, sickness, or special projects. Collaborates with WMATA’s internal departments including Quality, Engineering, and all respective maintenance departments. Trains other staff members in work methods and procedures.
The essential duties listed are not intended to limit specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Nor is it intended to limit in any way the right of managers and supervisors to assign, direct and control the work of employees under their supervision.
Consideration will be given to applicants whose resumes demonstrate the required education and experience. Applicants should include all relevant education and work experience.
Evaluation criteria may include one or more of the following:
- Personal Interview
- Skills Assessments
- Verification of education and experience
- Criminal Background Check
- Credit history report for positions with fiduciary responsibilities
- Successful completion of a medical examination including a drug and alcohol screening
- Review of a current Motor Vehicle Report
Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority, a Federal contractor, is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable federal law, except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists. Our hiring process is designed to be accessible and free from discrimination.
This posting is an announcement of a vacant position under recruitment. It is not intended to replace the official job description. Job Descriptions are available upon confirmation of an interview.