Associate Vice President of Finance
7 days left
- Full Time
Howard Community College - Associate Vice President of Finance
Thank you for considering Howard Community College in your search.
About Howard Community College:
Howard Community College (HCC) is an exciting place to work, learn, and grow! HCC has been awarded the distinction as a "Great College to Work for" since 2009 from The Chronicle of Higher Education.
Howard Community College values diversity among its faculty, staff and student population. We are an innovative institution that is committed to responding to the ever-changing needs and interests of a diverse and dynamic community. No matter where you want to go in your career, you can get there from here!
Employee is responsible for budget and fiscal management and oversight of all financial services functions of the college. In addition, employee is responsible to review the accounting and budget work and oversee the audit and cash management functions of the Howard Community College Education Foundation, Inc. (HCCEF) In the absence of the Vice-President of Administration and Finance, employee will assume temporary role of duties in this position.
Manages and supervises administrative staff in the finance office. Responsible for oversight of all functions within finance which include: cashiering, accounts receivable, collections, payroll, contract administration, inventory management, capital and operating budgeting, general ledger, grant accounting and reporting, investment and cash management. Oversees and reviews outcomes of subordinates and departments. Responsible for computerized accounting systems/policies and procedures. Responsible for strategic and operational planning for the finance area. Responsible for monitoring and the adherence of financial legal requirements.
Responsible for overseeing the administration and coordination of the college annual budget in connection with the budget manager, cost center managers and the president's team. Involves tracking and documentation of processes and decisions. Coordinates the annual operating budget and provides input into the capital budget(s) preparation process. In coordination with the VP of Administration and Finance, assists in the preparation, and presentation of the budget to the county and state.
In coordination with the budget manager, is responsible for reporting operating and capital budget status, changes, and updates to the president's team and the board as required.
In coordination with the budget manager, is responsible for preparation of the preliminary and final operating budget books for submission to the board and county.
Working in conjunction with the budget manager and president's team, is responsible to coordinate and facilitate budget development, fiscal planning and financial reporting for all areas of the college. This includes long range forecasting for financial projections, annually, along with the multi-year staffing plan, financial growth for revenue and expenses as well as trend analysis. Benchmarking of various targets is expected for all administrators of the college.
Responsible to prepare financial projections and trend analysis.
- 3 administrative staff
- 23 professional Staff
- 1 support staff
Position requires a great deal of coordination with internal and external constituents. Extended hours during peak periods, fast pace, and busy, deadline-driven, high stress conditions.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance related area required.
- CPA preferred.
- Master's Degree or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of seven years of experience in a finance office, five years of which should be at management capacity.
- Extensive knowledge of accounting procedures and principles as they relate to all areas assigned.
- Ability to determine changes in regulations that affect our policies and procedures related to areas assigned.
- Ability to apply accounting principles and procedures to all areas of assignment.
- Ability to use own initiative to locate and resolve problems.
- Ability to coordinate with other areas of the college and external agencies to perform duties.
- Ability to interact tactfully and to deal courteously and effectively with others.
- Ability to interview, hire, train, direct, evaluate, discipline and provide supervisory support to subordinates.
- Ability to analyze accounting and administrative systems to ensure accuracy and recommend and initiate modifications if necessary.
- Ability to use standardized computer software such as spreadsheets, database, and word processors.
- Ability to operate routine accounting machines such as a calculator, computer terminal, copier, and printer.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Regular attendance is a requirement of this job.
- Performs all duties while considering the impact of any actions on the college's sustainability initiatives in the areas of environmental stewardship, social responsibility, and economic prosperity.
Hours Per Week: 37.5
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday
Compensation: $81,455 plus excellent health insurance, paid leave and tuition reimbursement
Open Until Filled
For Best Consideration, Submit By: June 4, 2018
Howard Community College (HCC) is an Equal Employment Opportunity & Affirmative Action employer & values diversity within its faculty, staff & student population. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.
HCC understands that persons with specific disabilities may need assistance with the job application process and/or with the interview process. For confidential assistance with the job application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 443-518-1100. The TDD line phone # is: 443-518-4822.
- Cover letter
Link to announcement: http://howardcc.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=97175