Engineering and Facilities Manager
Engineering Manager will be responsible for overseeing the planning, development, implementation and maintenance of manufacturing methods, processes, tools and operations for new and existing products, including process validation within FDA and ISO guidelines. Ensures the effective use of materials, equipment, and personnel in producing quality products at minimum costs. Perform duties within established environmental, health, and safety requirements. Prioritizes projects, assigns assets accordingly, and manages timelines. Supervision of engineers and facilities maintenance personnel. This is a leadership position which requires a strong technical foundation.
- Partners with cross-functional teams including production personnel to ensure viability of manufacture design; identify equipment and processes required for the manufacture of new and existing products.
- Responsible for project management, developing timelines, writing protocols and overseeing the performance of validations (IQ, OQ, PQ) to qualify processes and equipment in an FDA/ISO-regulated environment.
- Confers with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials or parts, and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards. Knowledge of CAD/Solid Works software required.
- Confers with site personnel to implement operating procedures and resolve system malfunctions.
- Analyzes work study data and equipment specifications to establish time and production standards.
- Interfaces with manufacturing departments to address and resolve engineering issues.
- Work with management and production team to drive cost reductions, yield improvements, and efficiency improvements towards World Class Manufacturing goals.
- Properly document activities in accordance with best engineering practices, company procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Interfaces with leasing agent contractors to ensure site system functionality and integrity.
- Manages work order system, defines critical spare parts, and manages spare parts inventory.
- Follows and enforces all applicable safety procedures and processes required by OSHA and SAINT-GOBAIN safety programs.
- Mentors and develops direct reports.
- Lead and foster a culture of driving toward high quality designs and innovation.
- Measures performance and conducts timely performance reviews on direct reports.
Perform additional tasks as assigned.