Assistant Project Manager ( Multi-Family)
Reports to: President
The Assistant Project Manager MULTI-FAMILY is responsible for assisting Project Managers and/or Superintendents in coordinating the activities of a project to ensure cost, schedule, document control and quality standards are met. Under the direction of the PM, the Assistant Project Manager is expected to take on any/all tasks in the quest to learn all he/she can about construction. The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of construction experience. A degree in construction management is a plus.
- Assist the Project Manager in all phases and aspects of the project.
- Provide support to Field Staff.
- Follow the Companies Best Practices.
Project Set Up: Ensure that proper tools are in place prior to the beginning of a project.
- Prepare and assist with pre-installation meetings.
- Review Owner contract and become familiar with terms & conditions.
- Distribute all short interval and overall project schedules. Ensure subcontractors have the most up to date scopes of work. Assist PM in the development of the overall project schedule.
- Work to obtain all necessary permits as requested by the PM.
- Ability to review drawings and specifications to become completely familiar with the project and identify long lead times and critical path items.
- Complete sub evaluations/comparisons of bids, scope review, and complete buyout as requested by PM
- Develop a project submittal log and obtain designer’s approval.
- Manage said submittal log and ensure all submittals are processed promptly.
Operational Excellence: Plan effectively.
- Ensure contracts, insurance, and bonds are current and received before subcontractor performs any work on site. Follow up on collection of all non-received documents and escalate any issues to the PM.
- Prepare all project meeting agendas and associated attachments as directed by the PM.
Attend weekly project meetings as requested by PM and keep detailed meeting minutes for publishing to project team.
- Draft, submit, and track all RFI’s and distribute to all teams members as appropriate.
- Review project logs (RFI’s, Submittals, PCO’s) with Superintendent on a weekly basis.
- Pursue and monitor submittals and track deliveries of materials. Verify all submittal conformity to plans & specifications.
- Collect superintendent daily reports, weekly project pictures and safety documentation. Review for completeness and include in project documentation. Inform PM of deficiencies.
- Collect and distribute coordination drawings from appropriate subcontractors. Review drawings with PM and Superintendent. Set up coordination meetings for PM to chair.
- Collect subcontractor changes for review by the PM.
- Execute payment applications.
- Complete quantity take-offs as requested by estimating and PM.
- Review and code invoices. Check for accuracy and compare to cost to complete forecast.
Pride in Our Workmanship: Finish well.
- Distribute all punchlists and the follow-up as necessary to ensure timely completion of punchlist work.
- Collect all required close out documents for certification.
- Assemble the close out documents and address non-compliant subcontractor directly for compliance.
Relationship Management: Develop critical relationships.
- Maintain client relationships at the appropriate level reinforcing the Company’s commitment to continuously addressing their needs and interests.
- Work collaboratively with outside parties (I.e. the design team, etc.) to accomplish client goals.
- Demonstrate effective relationship building within the project team and throughout the Company. Keep field team members (i.e. Superintendent) informed and active in decision-making.
- Promote positive subcontractor relations by dealing professionally and fairly with all subcontractors and vendors instilling this philosophy in project team at all times.
Client service – Customers recommend us to others.
- Treats internal and external clients, vendors and subs as partners.
- Identifies client needs and addresses them.
Identifies and acts on ways to add value.
- Identifies and acts on opportunities to expand the relationship.
- Balances client and Companies needs effectively.
- Is responsive to clients’ needs and displays intensity.
Lifelong Learning – Training and Continued Education.
- Continually builds own knowledge and expertise.
- Is open to new ways of doing things.
- Offers to coach/assist others with less experience.
- When problems arise, shares expertise to help resolve the issue.
- Makes self-accessible for questions even when under stress.
Integrity and Ethics – Do the right thing.
- Makes decisions and acts with the Company’s long term interest in mind.
- Acts with integrity, maintaining the highest ethical standards.
- Is flexible and changes quickly based on the company’s changing needs.
- Balances the company’s needs with those of others including the client, the team, etc. Manages with profitability in mind,
Safety in the Workplace – No accidents or OSHA violations.
- Is well versed in the Company’s safety program procedures and policies.
- Consistently follows/enforces the Company’s safety procedures and policies.
- Makes tough decisions to ensure that safety remains on the front and center.
Attention to Detail
- Thoroughness in accomplishing tasks for concern in all area’s involved, no matter how small.
- Monitors and checks work or information and plans and organizes time and resources efficiently even under the pressure of multiple demands.
- Works cooperatively with others toward accomplishment of a shared goal as opposed to working separately or competitively.
- Leverages own strengths and demonstrates understanding of weaknesses in order to most effectively contribute to a project.
- Knows when to lead and when to follow.
Reinforces the team concept through all actions.
Demonstrates a Sense of Urgency.
- Sets high expectations and achieves them regardless of the barriers.
- Demonstrates a passion for one’s work - enjoys working hard and is full of energy.
- Acts with an insatiable need to get things done - can be counted on to get things done on time and with excellent quality and results.
- Pays attention to the details to make sure the job gets done right.
Apply for Assistant Project Manager ( Multi-Family)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly