Assistant Manager, Advertising Project Management
To manage and coordinate the efforts of the Communications and Design team by developing and maintaining the schedules, monitoring changes in marketing plans that impact the schedules, scheduling periodic meetings to advance the progress of projects, following up on outstanding information that impact projects, and act as a liaison between Advertising and other departments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
20% SCHEDULE MANAGEMENT & COMMUNICATION: Monitor and/or maintain the Advertising Team’s array of schedules (email, web, print, stuffer, season campaign “key dates”, etc.) – and lead negotiations with other staff as inevitable changes to the schedule arise – to ensure the most efficient distribution and completion of projects.
20% PROJECT MANAGEMENT TOOL DEVELOPMENT: Leverage the power of Robohead, our project management tool, to bring all team workflow functions under its domain. Design reports, timelines, forms, review portals, information repositories, etc. to help facilitate team communication and collaboration. Conduct regular training on Robohead to ensure all internal and external users understand the tool and are using it correctly and effectively.
20% MEETING FACILITATION & PROJECT OUTLINE OVERSIGHT: Coordinating and participate in meetings on strategy, planning, and progress of season campaigns, festival marketing projects, and other major initiatives, and lead the charge on achieving clear team consensus on content outlines, roles & responsibilities, and next steps.
20% COORDINATION OF CREATIVE REVIEWS: Curate and maintain the department’s project routing lists. Route all “ad/ecomm approval” projects directly or oversee other team members in routing them. Follow up on outstanding issues such as conflicting/missing comments on projects and assets needed to complete work.
10% TEAM LIAISON: Act as liaison between the Advertising Team and other departments to request information, develop timelines, and communicate process and progress.
10% PROCESS DEVELOPMENT, DOCUMENTATION & TRAINING: Create and maintain clear and detailed process documentation for projects with complex steps/components and communicate/train staff across various departments on these resources.
The Assistant Manager, Advertising Project Management must have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education in advertising, journalism, communications, or related field and must have at least two years professional experience in account and/or project management.
Minimum Skills and/or Knowledge Required
The Assistant Manager, Advertising Project Management should:
- Be able to organize, strategize, and implement schedules to ensure the efficient completion of Advertising projects.
- Be proficient in project management and word processing software in a PC environment (MS Excel and Word a must; experience with Robohead or similar project management program also essential)
- Have a solid knowledge of grammar, style, and spelling.
- Have a firm understanding of what writers, designers, and other Advertising staff need in order to create impactful content, meet deadlines, and accomplish department goals.
- Be able to communicate and negotiate effectively with many types of people, both orally and written.
- Demonstrate the ability to steer project and content development meetings to ensure that stakeholders reach consensus and roles/next steps are clear.
- Be able to handle multiple assignments under the pressure of tight deadlines and be detail-oriented and organized.
The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts is a world premier performing arts organization and our nation’s cultural center. Diversity is a critical component of our mission, vision, and values. Our staff exhibits a wide variety of perspectives and experiences which enable us to foster and strengthen an environment of diversity and inclusion. We offer a comprehensive range of benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance, paid vacation and sick leave, and a 403(b) retirement plan.