Research Computer Specialist, Experimental Therapeutics, Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center - Geo
Research Computer Specialist, Experimental Therapeutics, Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center - Georgetown University Medical Center
Georgetown Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center (LCCC) is to a state-of-the-art cancer center housing more than 240,000 square feet of clinic and research space. Lombardi's mission is to provide the most advanced treatments available, to train future cancer specialists, and to cure cancer in its many forms. Lombardi is one of only 45 comprehensive cancer centers in the nation, and the only one in the Washington metropolitan area.
The Research Computer Specialist, a member of the Hemophilia/Benign Hematology group, works with team members in the coordination and implementation of research protocols. S/he exemplifies guest and staff relations standards in all activities. Reporting to the Program Administrator, the Research Computer Specialist has duties that include but are not limited to:
- Participates in recruitment efforts, screening, and consenting of study subjects.
- Contacts patients regarding study enrollment schedules all patient visits, attends comprehensive clinic to collect patient, and perform post-study follow up on patient status.
- Prepares study informed consents, amendments, continuing reviews, safety reports, and other correspondence for submission to the IRB.
- Coordinates with all departments to complete study patient visits as required by study protocols.
- Works with the research team to complete study projects as assigned.
- Addresses any IRB inquiries.
- Responds to data queries in a timely fashion.
- Maintains HIPAA and other patient safety certifications as required by the University and affiliates.
- Per protocols, packs and ship study specimens.
- Develops and maintains complete subject research records, and efficiently transcribes collected data onto case report forms.
- Assesses identified adverse events experienced by study participants and responds appropriately.
- Documents subject encounters appropriately in the computerized medical record system, and notifies Investigator.
- Documents study medication administration.
- Collaborates with Research Pharmacist in the maintenance of accurate drug inventory and dispensing records.
- Bachelor's degree with a major in the sciences
- 2 years of clinical research experience
- ACRP (Association of Clinical Research Professionals) certification is preferred.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, as well are organizational and time management skills
- Advanced skills with word processing, spreadsheet software, and PowerPoint
- Team player who exemplifies good interpersonal skills and professionalism
- Preference for CRA Certificate
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or email@example.com.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website.
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.