Education Support Specialist II
- Full Time
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Admissions Counselor, School of Business
The George Mason University, School of Business is looking for an energetic, organized and detail oriented Admissions Counselor to support the Graduate and certificate programs. This is a full-time classified staff position with full benefits. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Responsibilities: The Admissions Counselor position has responsibilities in the following areas: Graduate Program Recruiting which includes:
- Implementing a customer service plan to actively engage with qualified prospective graduates with the goal of moving them through the recruitment and enrollment funnel in a timely fashion;
- Serving as a point of contact for potential students by managing inquiries, making prompt and effective contact with potential students, talking to them about their goals and guiding them through the enrollment process in a respectful, courteous, professional, accurate and timely manner;
- Corresponding promptly and professionally with prospective students and applicants in person, by phone, and electronically;
- Proactively following up at specific points during the recruitment and admission cycle to answer questions and assist applicants;
- Providing visitors and walk-ins with exceptional service and personal attention while answering questions and establishing student records as needed;
- Developing relationships with prospective students and applicants through effective communication via phone, email and other means with a goal of having prospective students attend individualâ€™s appointments or information sessions;
- Developing, implement and manage a class visit program for prospective students and applicants
- Developing and implementing strategies for applicants to optimize our yield from admit to deposit to matriculation;
- Identifying, coordinating, and participating in external conversion events in the Washington, D.C. area and internal campus recruitment events (individual appointments, phone calls, emails, information sessions, corporate and organizational education fairs and other events); and
- Reviewing and processing decisions for applicants. Industry Knowledge which includes:
- Staying informed of updates within the graduate programs and their relevance to industry; and
- Remaining up-to-date on competitive programs. Technology which includes:
- The ability to quickly learn CRM and database applications such as Hobsons Radius and Salesforce;
- Accurately and efficiently performing required computerized tasks to include any combination of word processing, spreadsheet, database, PowerPoint, email, or web-based applications;
- Managing customer relationships in the CRM database; and
- Creating professional presentations and website updates. Collaboration which includes:
- Working with the Assistant Director of Recruitment on strategic planning and delivery of enrollment and recruitment initiatives;
- Collaborating with the Director of Career Services for information and messaging on career outcomes for prospective students; and
- Working within a team to develop, implement, and coordinate all recruitment events. Results Measurement which includes:
- Collecting and evaluating research data via application and recruiting technology systems in order to make results driven decisions; and
- Preparing and submitting monthly recruitment reports to the Assistant Dean of Graduate Enrollment. Special Project Work:
- Execute special projects and initiatives as assigned that support the strategic mission of the school. Required Qualifications:
- Bachelorâ€™s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Must be able to travel throughout the Commonwealth of Virginia for recruitment events and/or be eligible to use a state vehicle upon hire;
- Willingness to work some evening and weekend hours;
- Excellent computer skills with working knowledge of all applications in Microsoft Office, database expertise, and e-mail and network applications;
- Ability to effectively communicate and work with others to achieve results; and
- Good citizenship and the ability to work well with colleagues. Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience working in a higher education environment;
- Experience with Hobsons Radius and Salesforce;
- Willingness to speak publicly in-person and via web-based tools i.e. Skype, Go-to-Meeting, etc.;
- Excellent communication, analytical, strategic thinking and organizational skills; and
- Proactive problem solving skills, attention to detail, ability to motivate, and ability to learn new tasks quickly.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 02699z at https://jobs.gmu.edu by June 5, 2018; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and list of professional references. We will contact you directly if we require additional materials. Review of applications will begin on June 8, 2018 and continue until the position is filled.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :