Join an innovative team that is responsible for transforming the customer experience by creating and bringing to market new products and services based upon globalized connectivity without boundaries. We reach beyond the traditional satellite industry and the broader communications landscape. As part of the Intelsat vision, we will define new products with the performance, features, and flexibility required to open new profitable markets, drive new revenue streams and ensure the most reliable and secure communications globally. To accomplish our goal, we are looking for bold thinkers who will continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Intelsat is seeking an entry-level Metrics Reporting Analyst to work with cross-functional groups within Intelsat, including IT, Product Management, Marketing, Finance, Operations and Engineering, to develop Key Performance Metrics and Customer Reports to help drive continual improvement and customer satisfaction.
- Work with Product Development lead and support organizations to develop and manage on-going product KPI and performance reporting.
- Collect, analyze, report and make recommendations concerning metrics that will have a positive impact on both Intelsat and Customer performance.
- Transition Metrics reporting to Next Gen Dashboards for real-time reporting on laptops and mobile devices.
- Act as an escalation point for Metrics issues with existing processes that live in all departments across Intelsat.
- Act as point of contact for Metrics development, collection, reporting and improvement.
- Frequently communicate with Intelsat groups, such as IT, Product Management, Marketing, Finance, Operations and Engineering (e.g., weekly meetings, follow-up, check-ins) to understand and anticipate their Metrics needs and issues and to ensure they understand that Customer Care is placing a priority on their quality of service.
- Provide analysis and summarization of key results from metrics, laying out issues, root causes and recommended remediation strategies, as well as identifying positive and negative trends found across the operational and product performance data collected.
- Report Metrics status to senior management. Help ensure escalation routes are clear and well managed, and that interdependencies and related performance issues within the framework are investigated and acted upon.
- Lead the development of new data gathering and reporting tools and applications to automate the collection and synthesis of relevant data and their distribution to management and key staff in a timely, efficient and convenient manner
- Serve as key project lead, subject matter expert and business owner in metric related tool and app development by providing advice and support for the design, planning, development and introduction activities.
- Support Commercial, Engineering, and Operations teams to enhance internal business policies and procedures to improve customer relations, satisfaction, and retention.
- Recommend improvements to business processes to support Commercial, Engineering, and Operations teams and our customers, through Metrics analysis and reporting.
- Analyze trouble tickets and interview operational staff in order to produce customer reports and input for issues resolution letters sent to customers.
- Ensure Best Practices are recognized and shared, proposing and delivering improvements where required
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- A Bachelors degree and a minimum of 1 year work experience in a role performing metrics analysis and reporting functions.
- A desire to facilitate and help to drive change as part of Intelsat's overall transformation strategy, with previous experience in succeeding in a changing environment highly desirable.
- Experience in the development and on-going operations of metrics and performance reporting via data analytics software and reporting mechanisms, with an emphasis on developing PC and mobile based dashboard applications.
- Experience with effectively using data analytic tools such as Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, Google Analytics and Business Objects to draft clear and concise reports and other professional documentation and to provide statistical analysis/database mining, analysis and reporting.
- Experience interfacing with management in product development and operational (e.g. customer assurance) roles to identify, evaluate and help solve issues and anticipate customer needs.
- Demonstrated effective verbal, writing and presentation skills
- Demonstrated effective decision making skills.
- Demonstrated business acumen; aware of organizational sensitivities.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others, establish a rapport and build strong interpersonal relationships needed to complete assigned projects and on-going duties.
- This role is subject to ITAR; candidates must be a US Person (this includes US Citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Individual such as an asylee or refugee).
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.