Associate Director of Student Services
Job Category : Admin or Professional Faculty
Working hours :
Salary : $50,000-$55,000; commensurate with education/experience.
Web Announcement :
Associate Director of Student Services
George Mason Universitys Schar School of Policy and Government seeks an Associate Director of Student Services at the Arlington Campus. The full-time, 12 month administrative faculty position works collaboratively with other professional staff in the schools Office of Graduate Student Services in the development, coordination, delivery and evaluation of all student services activities for the Schar masters and graduate certificate programs. This position reports to the Director of Student Services.
George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masons academic and culturally inclusive environment.
- Coordinate, plan, and implement student services for Schar masters students including academic advising activities, registration, and other associated student services processes for students in 8 masters degrees and 8 certificate programs located across two campuses.
- Collaborate with instructional faculty, program directors, and staff in the Schar School and across the University on the development and implementation of student services initiatives.
- Take a leadership role in the establishment of masters student services strategic priorities.
- Identify areas for collaboration across Schar School student services functions (academic advising and career development) and develop joint programming capitalizing on the assets of both areas.
- Lead the development and implementation of a long-range student services assessment plan based on learning outcomes.
- Plan and implement new student orientation, graduation activities, co-curricular events, and academic support workshops in conjunction with other student services staff.
- Serve as the primary advisor to Schar School student organizations.
- Counsel students on issues surrounding program progress, academic policies, and academic concerns.
- Collaborate with instructional faculty in addressing students facing academic difficulties.
- Evaluate services and processes in consultation with the Director of Student Services and Assistant Dean for Admissions and Student Services, and utilize business intelligence data to expedite processes within the Student Services Office.
- Represent Schar School Student Services at School and University events to include admissions open houses and prospective student receptions. Required Qualifications:
- A masters degree in student personnel administration, higher education, or related field.
- Significant professional experience in higher education/student services or related work.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and writing skills.
- Proven leadership ability.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Experience using technology to support data management and presentations.
- A willingness to work in a team-oriented office. Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience with event planning.
- Experience in graduate student academic advising.
- Familiarity and/or experience using MicroStrategy.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :