Youth Programs Health Supervisor
Montgomery College is Maryland's premier community college, serving more than 60,000 students each year through credit and noncredit programs. We are dedicated to providing an exceptional education for all of our students, and we recognize that our faculty and staff are integral to our continued success. We give employees the environment, tools, and opportunities they need to make a difference.
Job TitleYouth Programs Health Supervisor
Job Description SummaryMontgomery College has an opening for a health care professional for our Summer Youth Camp Program.Job Description
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Review, and approve in writing, the Youth Programs health program by signing and dating the written copy of the health program plans.
- Review health forms of students and consult with families to address issues and obtain information to determine if reasonable accommodations are needed, possible, and appropriate.
- Work with Youth Programs and Athletics staff to review the Health Forms of students with identified medical concerns to ensure that there are accommodations provided or a plan of action in place in case of medical emergency. Such accommodations could include providing a supervisor to monitor a student while he/she takes the medication;
- Where appropriate/needed, send and collect medication administration forms from enrollees.
- Create health issues database, record date of form submission, and alert staff weekly of potential issues as a heads up to ensure everything is in place.
- Provide training, if necessary, for Epi-pen administration and/or supervising a student who is self administering medication.
- The on-call health supervisor would be contacted for consultation in cases of illness, injury or outbreak of medical condition as required under COMAR I 0.06.01
Eligible applicants must
- Be a registered nurse (RN), certified registered nurse practitioner (CRNP), or doctor (MD) who is available for consultation at all times when the students are present in the camps.
- Be available for consultation during all camp hours 7 a.m. - 7 p.m., Monday through Friday, from June 18 - August 18, 2018
- Currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship
- Apply online at http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/employment
- Copy of license is required
- Candidate will be required to successfully complete a fingerprint based background check and a child protective services background check.
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free and smoke-free workplace
For disability-related accommodations, please call 240-567-5353
or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting
equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.