Health Policy/Communications Coordinator
The American College of Physicians (ACP), a prestigious medical membership association for doctors of internal medicine, is seeking a Health Policy/Communications Coordinator for our Washington, DC office. This professional position is an excellent first step for someone interested in a career in health and public policy. The Health Policy/Communications Coordinator provides general administrative support, and assists with research, analysis, and writing for the Health Policy and Regulatory Affairs department and DC Communications staff.
- Conducting topic-specific research and analysis on public policy issues.
- Responding to inquiries and requests regarding ACP public policies.
- Assisting with media relations projects to increase visibility of issues with members, policy makers, and the press.
- Contributing and reviewing content of website.
- Providing support for committee meetings (travel plans, meeting logistics, agendas and minutes)
- Maintaining databases, contact lists, and coordinating mailings.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a major or interest in health and public policy.
- Ability to conduct research and work independently with effective organizational skills.
- Strong written and interpersonal communications skills to interact with ACP members and outside policymakers, media, and the public.
- Strong PC skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Web page development.
ACP offers a competitive salary, superior benefits and a supportive work environment. Find out more about ACP at: https://www.acponline.org/working_at_acp/. Interested candidates should apply online: https://www.acponline.org/working_at_acp/jobs/.
ACP is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate against any of the following classes: veterans, any disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity.