3 days left
Sparks Group has partnered with a client, a defense government contractor, who is hiring an experienced Buyer w/ TS/poly government clearance. This is a key role reporting to the Director of Contracts and will be involved with highly sensitive procurement/acquisition needs. He/she will be responsible for the procurement of supplies, materials, and equipment necessary for the operation of the organization. The company is employee-centric with long tenured staff.
- Purchases equipment, materials and supplies at lowest cost consistent with quality, reliability of source, and urgency considerations
- Contacts vendors, obtains quotations, examines bids, makes awards, place orders, and expedite delivery
- Maintains files and records of materials, inventories, and deliveries and supports internal and external audits, and prepares audit ready file documentation
- Reviews purchase orders/requisitions for accuracy and completeness
- Assists in negotiations for major purchases
- Coordinates with AP and programs to reconcile invoicing issues to ensure prompt vendor payment
- Performs source selection and expediting, issuing purchase orders to select vendors and entering pertinent data into Deltek Costpoint Material Management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or a related business discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience
- 2-5 years of related purchasing experience
- Must have government clearance to support client's work
- Position required Top Secret with Poly
- Knowledge of FAR rules and regulations
- Effective communication, administrative and organizational skills
Qualified candidates should send their resume to Sparks Group for additional details. Please note resume must include a valid email address in order to be considered.
We look forward to discussing your background, your current job search, and your potential career path with Sparks Group!
Apply for Buyer
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly