Sparks Group has partnered with a client, a defense government contractor, who is hiring an experienced Buyer w/ TS/poly government clearance. This is a key role reporting to the Director of Contracts and will be involved with highly sensitive procurement/acquisition needs. He/she will be responsible for the procurement of supplies, materials, and equipment necessary for the operation of the organization. The company is employee-centric with long tenured staff.
- Purchases equipment, materials and supplies at lowest cost consistent with quality, reliability of source, and urgency considerations
- Contacts vendors, obtains quotations, examines bids, makes awards, place orders, and expedite delivery
- Maintains files and records of materials, inventories, and deliveries and supports internal and external audits, and prepares audit ready file documentation
- Reviews purchase orders/requisitions for accuracy and completeness
- Assists in negotiations for major purchases
- Coordinates with AP and programs to reconcile invoicing issues to ensure prompt vendor payment
- Performs source selection and expediting, issuing purchase orders to select vendors and entering pertinent data into Deltek Costpoint Material Management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or a related business discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience
- 2-5 years of related purchasing experience
- Must have government clearance to support client's work
- Position required Top Secret with Poly
- Knowledge of FAR rules and regulations
- Effective communication, administrative and organizational skills
Qualified candidates should send their resume to Sparks Group for additional details. Please note resume must include a valid email address in order to be considered.
We look forward to discussing your background, your current job search, and your potential career path with Sparks Group!