Project Financial Analyst - 1523
The MIL Corporation seeks a Project Financial Analyst to support multiple contracts at our Lexington Park MD location. This individual will assist the program managers with forecasting, budgeting, invoicing, and trending to evaluate the contracts/programs statuses.
• Perform simple to moderately complex internal financial/administrative reporting for major contracts and/or programs using Excel and PowerPoint
• Provide weekly and monthly transactional support including reviewing subcontractor and vendor invoices to verify costs and codes for payment, auditing employee travel voucher submissions and verify program and subcontractor labor categories and rates in accounting systems
• Conduct simple to moderately complex financial analysis including variance and profit/loss analyses, etc.
• Perform some non-routine analyses and prepare some non-routine financial reports
• Track funding and value on contracts assigned
• Work with Contracts, Operations and client to get contract modifications in a timely manner
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in finance, accounting, business administration or related field
• 5 years of experience in Program Control or Finance in the Federal Government contracting environment
• Experience with Billing, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Contracts
• In depth knowledge and experience working with CostPoint 7.1 and COGNOS
• Very good MS Excel skills; ability to create new reporting spreadsheets, work with existing spreadsheets, create/modify formulas, build pivot tables, etc.
• Experience working with financial analysis
• In depth knowledge of Federal Government Contracts Accounting practices and FAR regulations
• Secret or Top Secret clearance; clearance may be required for this position in the future
The MIL Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.