Public Relations Specialist II
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Digital Marketing Assistant, National Security Institute
The George Mason University Antonin Scalia Law School seeks a Digital Marketing Assistant for the National Security Institute (NSI) on the Arlington, Va., campus. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Responsibilities: Reporting to NSIâ€™s Program Manager, the Digital Marketing Assistant will be responsible for developing content for and managing the NSI website and social media accounts, designing and developing collateral for various marketing projects, and providing general support for NSI events and programs. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing content for and managing NSIâ€™s website and social media accounts
- Planning and executing NSIâ€™s email and social media marketing strategy
- Developing and designing marketing materials for NSI events
- On- site event management
- Working with vendors to create NSI marketing materials
- Managing and editing photography, video, and digital content
- Booking media opportunities for NSI experts
- Supporting NSIâ€™s programs, including supporting NSI leadership is all aspects of NSIâ€™s work
- Other administrative and office duties as assigned Required Qualifications:
- Bachelorâ€™s degree, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent organizational skills, with the proven ability to juggle multiple tasks, events, and priorities effectively
- Substantial knowledge of social media platforms including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, and Linkedin
- Superior skills with Microsoft office suite as well as strong database experience are necessary
- Self-starter, highly motivated and detail oriented
- Ability to interact with people at all levels, including high- level officials in government and academia, in a professional manner and in different settings
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work flexible hours, including weekends
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience managing WordPress sites (highly preferred)
- Experience developing and executing social media campaigns
- Experience with graphic design
- Experience with photography, videography, and media editing
- Experience using email marketing platforms such as MailChimp
- Experience working at a public policy institution or familiarity with public policy issues, particularly in the national security arena
- Basic understanding of Search Engine Optimization
This is not a supervisory position.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :