Landscape Architect III
- Support project managers and partners in the design and implementation of successful green stormwater infrastructure projects.
- Support project managers and partners in design and implementation of stream corridor and Chesapeake Bay resource protection areas (RPA) restoration.
- Prepare plans and visual aids to communicate the analysis of existing land development, proposed improvements, and/or suggested project alternatives to educate and promote the objectives of the projects.
- Partner with county agencies, local jurisdictions, development community, residents and other stakeholders to collaborate on design and implementation of stormwater improvement projects. Provide project management of watershed restoration and stormwater improvement projects including contract management, overseeing design engineers, and coordinating construction phase activities.
- Provide on-site inspections for all aspects of plant management and installation including soil prep, plant selection and non-native invasive plant control.
- Review and make recommendations on new and innovative practices and standards.
- Communicate sensitive matters with residents and stakeholders orally, visually and in writing.
- Provide quality control for all assigned work.
Note: The appointee to this position must be available as needed on a 24-hour basis, seven days a week to respond to flooding and other designated emergencies. Employment Standards MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:Any combination of education, experience and training equivalent to graduation from anaccredited four-year college or university in landscape architecture or a related field; plus three years of progressively responsible experience in landscape architecture and/or park planning.
Knowledge and experience designing and implementing landscape features associated withgreen stormwater infrastructure, stream corridor restoration and related ecological restoration projects. Extensive experience with plant materials specification, design, inspection, installation and monitoring. Knowledge of and experience with landscape architectural and engineering drawing and illustration practices including visualization software. Experience managing engineering or architectural design and construction contracts. Experience managing and working collaboratively in a team environment. Strong communication skills and ability to partner with stakeholders.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES REQUIRED:
A valid driver's license.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
Is required to satisfactorily complete a criminal background check and a driving record check check to the satisfaction of the employer.
With or without reasonable accommodation. Physically and mentally able to use all applicable personal protective equipment in an outdoor environment; including hardhat, eye protection, hearing protection, safety footwear, long pants, sleeved shirt, and personal fall arrest harness.
Panel Interview and may include exercise.
Reasonable accommodations are available to persons with disabilities during application and/or interview processes per the Americans with Disabilities Act. Contact 703-324-4900 for assistance. TTY 711. EEO/AA/TTY.