Account Clerk III
The Account Clerk III position is responsible for the accounting, auditing, and administrative support work for the Department of Transportation.
Employee will be required to maintain both physical and electronic records related to purchase orders, lease purchase of vehicles, credit card charges, and related financial records.
* Maintains spreadsheet for budget accounts and reconciles each month with Oracle
* Produces payment requests using automated payment processing software
* Prepares and maintains lease purchase documents for bus and vehicle purchases
* Tracks payments and journal entries for field trips in Trip Tracker
* Performs daily audit of inventory receipt activity including inbound and outbound transfers from other storerooms, editing, and correcting data
* Enters sublet charges into Faster from outside vendors and for vehicle maintenance; codes invoices for payment processing
* Maintains vendor pending-credit spreadsheet and monthly balance
* Associates Degree in Accounting or related field, or three years related experience
* Proficient in Microsoft Office
* Experience with a complex financial system, such as Oracle
* Knowledge of office automation software, inventory control procedures, and accounting practices
* Ability to perform accurate data entry work using automated data processing software; identify discrepancies or inaccuracies and make corrections
* Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
* Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills as well as ability to work under pressure of deadlines
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects or tools; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to see, talk, and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or bend and may be required to lift up to approximately 25 pounds.
The Account Clerk reports to the Accounting Coordinator