6 days left
- Full Time
Responsible for purging, scanning, describing, preserving, and providing access to LCPS student records.
Follows established guidelines for records reformatting, indexing, and archival for permanent and inactive records. Maintains record keeping systems, including database catalog, imaging database, and acquisition register, including cash transactions for records requests. Provides services to school departments, alumni, and general public. Work is performed under typical office conditions, as well as in inactive records storage areas. May involve contact with general public, businesses, lawyers, court personnel, town employees, municipal boards and committees, State and Federal employees, vendors, and town/school departments. Contacts require courtesy and discretion in all communications by telephone, personal discussion, and correspondence, including email.
Regularly deals with confidential information requiring appropriate judgment, discretion, and adherence to professional codes of ethics, e.g., Society of American Archivists (SAA) and Association of Records Managers and Administrators (ARMA).
* Operates computer systems and devices, telephone, standard office equipment, microfilm reader/printer/scanner, and scanner.
* Locates archived records upon request; may contact schools and other locations in searching for records.
* Performs regular file backups for data security.
* Performs related work as required.
* Knowledge of modern office practices and procedures; of standard office appliances including desktop PCs, standard office software, dictation machines, scanners, printers, and photocopy and facsimile machines.
* Ability to perform continuous routine and repetitive office machine operation; to perform general clerical work accurately and quickly; to communicate effectively; to work cooperatively with others; to work under pressure and/or frequent interruptions.