Senior Emergency Management Specialist
Senior Emergency Management Specialist
Building Services / Management
Exempt, Regular, 100% Full Time, Grade 3.1
Univeristy of Maryland University College is seeking a Senior Emergency Management Specialist. Reporting to the Associate Vice President of Facilities, the Senior Emergency Management Specialist position is essential to strengthen and maintain the safety and preparedness culture of the campus community. This critical position will be responsible for preparing the University for potential emergencies and crises, as well as, ensuring the institution's compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Act as the administrator of the Emergency Preparedness Plan and Pandemic Plan.
- Develop and implement an emergency preparedness training program. Conduct training to include classroom, computer-based, and web-based training, as appropriate.
- Design, develop and facilitate exercises and drills.
- Work in conjunction with Security and the Emergency Preparedness Committee to ensure a consistent safety and readiness culture.
- Maintain and communicate safety-related policies and procedures.
- Conduct hazard identification and risk assessments.
- Work collaboratively with various offices at the University to ensure the institution's compliance with the Clery Act and associated regulations.
- Identify and train Campus Security Authorities.
- Gather crime and disciplinary referral data from various internal and external sources.
- In conjunction with the applicable offices prepare, publish, and distribute the Annual Security Report.
- Ensure notices announcing the availability of the Annual Security Report are properly developed and available to the campus community.
- Submit annual crime statistics to the Department of Education, as required.
- Work collaboratively with various offices to ensure compliance with the “Emergency Notification” and “Timely Warning” requirements of the Clery Act.
- Ensure regulatory standards and guidelines for Emergency Preparedness and the Clery Act are met, maintained, and communicated.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor degree from an accredited institution of higher learning, in Emergency Management or related field desired.
- Five years or more of experience in emergency management or related field.
- Experience in developing emergency management plans, COOP plans, training and exercise facilitation.
- Previous experience complying with the requirements of the Clery Act.
- Excellent oral and written communications and presentation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work closely with others and act on issues immediately.
- Willing to report to multiple campus locations in the DC/MD/VA area.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Professional certifications in the Emergency Management field highly desired.
Five years or more of work experience with an institution of higher education desired.
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.If you are an external candidate, you will have the option to create an account after you submit your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to apply to additional jobs.