Economists I & II
Analyze existing data and information.
Interpret and forecast relevant market trends.
Research and analyze economic issues.
Prepare written reports, tables, and charts of findings.
Create financial and econometric models.
Analyze habits and data using mathematical models and statistical techniques.
Research market and industry trends and patterns.
Create detailed reports of findings.
Design policies to solve economic problems.
- Compile, analyze, and report data to explain economic phenomena and forecast market trends, applying mathematical models and statistical techniques.
- Develop economic guidelines and standards and prepare points of view used in forecasting trends and formulating economic policy.
- Forecast production and consumption of renewable resources and supply, consumption and depletion of non-renewable resources.
- Study economic and statistical data in area of specialization, such as finance, labor, or agriculture.
- Formulate recommendations, policies, or plans to solve economic problems or to interpret markets.
- Provide advice and consultation on economic relationships to businesses, public and private agencies, and other employers.
- Supervise research projects and students' study projects.