Editorial Production Assistant
The American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery (ASCRS), a membership association created to advance the art and science of ophthalmic surgery and the knowledge and skills of ophthalmic surgeons, is seeking an Editorial Production Assistant. The Editorial Production Assistant reports to the publisher of EyeWorld, the monthly news magazine of ASCRS, and provides support to the editor, managing editor, writers, and graphic designers of EyeWorld (EW).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide the graphic designer with copy, images, and captions; and ensure that copy, images, and captions are accurate and ready for publication.
- Prepare manuscripts (style in Word) for the review process.
- Receive, enter revisions, and track submitted articles from submission through publication.
- Send reviewed and revised articles to EW editors.
- File records and documents; organize archives.
- Receive, respond to, track, and distribute correspondence.
- Keep EyeWorlds’ social media accounts current
- Manage promotional fulfillment
- Staff production room or exhibit hall booth at meetings, as needed
- 2 to 4 years of administrative experience.
- Experience in a publishing or association environment preferred.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work effectively.
- High school diploma or the equivalent (GED); college education preferred.
- Skilled operating a Mac using Microsoft software. InDesign and Photoshop knowledge a plus.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume along with salary requirements to email@example.com