Location: Northern Virginia
Seeking a Controller to head the accounting department for the property management division. The position will provide managing financial operations and support as necessary in maintaining the subsidiary ledgers that impact the financial statements of the managed portfolio; implementing and enforcing procedural policies; and ensuring internal control compliance.
Job duties include:
- Establishing an environment of appropriate internal control for the posting of cash receipts, accounts payables, disbursements, bank reconciliations and journal entries
- Supervising & training staff
- Overseeing accounting transactions
- Ensuring issuance, review and analysis of interim and annual financial reports for all properties
- Managing annual property audit process
- Working with the management group on property budget process
- Required and related administrative tasks
- Other related duties.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field.
- CPA certification required.
- Two + years of experience in a senior level accounting role with property management and/or real estate accounting. Knowledge of general property management regulations affecting financial transactions.
- Knowledge of HUD property management accounting and reporting requirements.
- Demonstrated abilities in problem solving.
- Experience in creating and implementing accounting policies and procedures.
- Several years of experience supervising accounting staff on various levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and strong organizational skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office; spreadsheet applications; experience with Yardi, Nexus accounting systems a plus
Send resumes & salary requirements to (firstname.lastname@example.org) for immediate consideration. E/O/E.