Senior Electrical Engineer/P.E.
WHO WE ARE
KBRwyle is a global government services organization delivering full life cycle professional and technical services from over 60 U.S. and 40 international locations. Our core capabilities include logistics, engineering, science, cyber, intelligence and security services.
WHAT TO EXPECT
When you become part of the KBR team, your career opportunities are endless. We offer challenging assignments on some of the world's largest and most complex projects where our customers have come to value us, because they know, We Deliver!
ABOUT THIS POSITION
Senior Electrical Engineer/P.E. (Power Systems Design & Engineering)
THIS POSITION MAY BE ELIGIBLE FOR RELOCATION FUNDS AND A SIGN-ON BONUS
Provides design expertise, guidance and consulting services throughout the project lifecycle. Plan, design, model, and analysis normal, mission critical, and backup emergency power systems for commercial and government facilities. Responsible for electrical designs on projects, preparing reports and specifications, and providing a high level of technical leadership.
- Represents the Architectural and Engineering Services Group in interactions with the project’s sponsors, contractors, and other project team members.
- Performs analysis, design and documentation of large and small complex building electrical systems including site and building power distribution, lighting, lightning protection, fire alarms, mission critical and emergency electrical systems.
- Performs equipment selection, equipment specification, system design, system layout, field investigation, and construction administration.
- Prepares, analyzes and reviews electrical models using SKM Power Tools and review of electrical system calculations.
- Works with an experienced group of engineers to prepare construction contract drawings and specifications consistent with system and sponsors requirements and standards.
- Takes responsibility for the project electrical requirements, addressing any electrical design issues.
- Establishes electrical project budgets and schedules.
- Prepares reports and studies that present technical information in a clear and concise manner.
- Contributes to the overall business development of the company.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited university in an electrical engineering discipline.
- 8+ years of relevant experience in three phase power system design and engineering.
- Experience should include building power systems (normal, mission critical, backup power generation, protection, and related control systems)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an emphasis on the ability to organize and present design information to sponsors.
- Excellent communication skills essential for team-based working.
- Familiarity with applicable industry codes and standards.
- Ability to write reports and assess electrical systems and construction quality.
- P.E. Registration (E.I.T. will be accepted in lieu of P.E. for exceptional candidates).
- SKM Power Tools and AGI32 experience.
- Proficiency with the latest version of AutoCAD and REVIT.
- Design experience with governmental sites, data centers, and coordination and arc flash studies.
- Experience with testing and commissioning of electrical systems.
US citizenship and the ability to obtain and maintain DOD clearance is required. Travel may include both domestic and international short-term assignments depending on project requirements.
Candidates for interviews shall present a portfolio demonstrating and substantiating their experience, technical capabilities, project management experience, and ability to meet position requirements.
Competitive health benefits
Inclusive, flexible and supportive company culture
Ongoing training and development opportunities
IF INTERESTED, PLEASE APPLY ON-LINE AT KBRWYLE.JOBS.COM AND REFEERNCE REQUISITION NUMBER 1050642
LEARN MORE ABOUT KBRwyle: https://www.kbr.com/markets/government
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.