Is this position exempt from overtime pay?
Specialized under commodities, services, or construction purchasing activities, and reports directly to the Lead or Senior Buyers. Responsible for conducting the entire procurement process and making an award recommendation to the Supervisor of Purchasing.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
1. Assists in planning, coordinating, and controlling the central purchasing activities for the school system.
2. Consolidates the needs of the various users to standardize supplies, material, and equipment.
3. Edits requisitions and purchase orders.
4. Researches/prepares specifications, and requests for bids, quotations, and proposals.
5. Assists departments of the Board of Education in obtaining proper specifications, quotations, delivery terms, and cost estimates.
6. Supervises technicians in preparation of various bid documents and reports.
7. Solicits bids, quotes, and proposals; analyzes the documents, and recommends the vendor/contractor.
8. Assists in testing of supplies and equipment.
9. Performs contract administration for awarded contracts.
10. Makes adjustments with vendors/contractors involving replacement of materials not conforming to specifications and cancellation of orders, and insures that proper credit is given to the Board of Education.
11. Coordinates bidding schedules with using departments.
12. Develops statistical reports of purchasing trends and history.
13. Performs other related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made on request to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Graduation from a two-year community or junior college program preferably in business administration, accounting, or related field OR an equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities deemed sufficient to prepare the applicant to successfully perform the duties of the position.
· Three years of experience in purchasing a wide variety of standard commodities, services, or construction OR an equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities deemed sufficient to prepare the applicant to successfully perform the duties of the position.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Effective oral and written communication skills.
· Demonstrated ability to effectively work and communicate with diverse populations.
· Demonstrated proficiency with business software (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite-Word, Excel, Outlook and/or PowerPoint preferred). Knowledge of financial systems.
· Satisfactory score on any test required.
· Professional certification such as CPPB or CPCM preferred.
Career Ladder Requirements
· As required by the duties and responsibilities of the job.