Assistant - Retirement
7 days left
- Full Time
Is this position exempt from overtime pay?
Performs a variety of specialized administrative and procedural tasks in support of smooth and efficient retirement area operations. Duties involve assisting retirement staff with administrative processes related to transitioning employees to retired status as well as retiree healthcare benefits administration. Additional tasks include supporting processes for pension entry setup/changes and processing Maryland State Retirement Agency paperwork (and associated follow-up). Assists in coordination of and supports on-going retirement programs (information sessions, workshops, and pre-retirement programs). Provides primary back-up support for annual retirement reception. Delivers weekly retirement orientation. Supports any new system based initiatives for retirees. The individual is expected to exhibit exemplary customer service, coordinate multiple deadlines, have strong computer skills in various applications, as well as gain and maintain broad based retirement and healthcare benefits knowledge.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
1. Conducts weekly retirement orientation for new employees and provides retirement support for weekly new teacher sessions including acting as a back-up for Retirement Facilitator.
2. Processes MSRA enrollment forms by providing employer required detail and notarizing retirement paperwork during new hire orientation. Follows-up with employees who have not completed their enrollment in a timely fashion.
3. Maintains retirement spreadsheets for tracking MSRA enrollments and retirements.
4. Supports retirement staff in coordinating process for PAF's for pension entry and adheres to weekly deadlines. Supports auditing process when facilitator/coordinator is absent.
5. Prepares monthly correspondence under direction of Retirement Counselor / Facilitator to Medicare eligible retirees and dependents.
6. Assists retirement staff by researching retiree healthcare eligibility and claim issues, updating records as required, issuing disbursements (through GAE process), and coordinating with healthcare vendors and MSRA as appropriate.
7. Supports Retirement Facilitator in coordination of on-going retirement programs (information sessions and forms workshops and Pre-Retirement Programs as appropriate), confirming ERO enrollment, and coordinating packets for all materials for programs. Be knowledgeable of all retirement related forms to assist with questions at programs.
8. Assists and maintains retiree filing system (including purging as necessary).
9. Supports Benefits Manager at Retiree Open Enrollment Meetings including gathering materials, attending meetings, and answering questions as appropriate.
10. Retiree healthcare benefits administration support including: assistance with open enrollment changes, lifestyle changes, monthly Medicare supplemental plan elections, and customer service inquiries. Reviews documentation for completeness and accuracy.
11. Enters address/phone changes for retirees into the AACPS Human Resources System.
12. Provides daily customer service support to Retirement Office for heavy phone volume and walk-ins.
13. Supports any new system based initiative including HR system and retiree enrollment system through on-line record keeper. Duties could include but not limited to testing and entering data. Be familiar with vendor websites as appropriate (for example healthcare vendor sites, Supplemental Retirement Plan website, on-line enrollment system).
14. Acts as primary back-up supporting annual retirement reception.
15. Creates and maintains current files on retiree source documents, application forms, and printouts.
16. Assists in healthcare reconciliations, submits Medicare/HCFA data match requests as required, and assists with retiree cobra related issues/third party administrator services.
17. Assists in periodic audit requests related to retirement (MSRA, Legislative, Internal Audit, etc).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made on request to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· High school diploma supplemented by some college level coursework in Business Administration, Human Resources, Accounting, or a related field.
· Three years of clerical/administrative office experience, two years direct experience in employee benefits, Human Resources and data management or an equivalent combination of education and experience deemed sufficient to prepare the applicant to successfully perform the duties of the position.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Working knowledge of human resources and benefits regulations strongly desired.
· Strong organizational skills for assistance in managing various retirement programs.
· Possess excellent customer service and strong interpersonal skills.
· Demonstrated ability to perform calculations, ability to handle high volume of daily calls, and handle correspondence requirements.
· Skill in a wide range of standard office clerical tasks including efficient and accurate data entry.
· Ability to meet and adhere to set deadlines.
· Sensitivity to private and confidential employee information and an understanding of responsibility to ensure confidentiality and security of confidential information.
· Demonstrated proficiency with business software (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite-Word, Excel, Outlook and/or PowerPoint preferred). For new permanent secretarial/clerical/technician hires, a minimum score on a pre-employment assessment is required.
· Demonstrated ability to effectively work with and provide excellent oral and written communication to diverse populations including colleagues, staff, retirees and vendors.
· Satisfactory score on any test required.
· Notary and MSRA Retirement Certificate helpful, but not required.
Career Ladder Requirements
· As required by the duties and responsibilities of the job.