Senior Specialist - Maintenance Planning
7 days left
- Full Time
Is this position exempt from overtime pay?
Develops and manages project controls system database for tracking of all State and Local regulatory agencies requirements for maintenance of plant, cost information required to establish the Comprehensive Maintenance Plan (CMP) and requisite maintenance related information to be reported to the State of Maryland. Manages daily operations of Work Management Office to include but not limited to overseeing the Work Management System (SchoolDude), creating required reports associated with maintenance of plant, preparing documentation related to the CMP. This position is considered essential personnel
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
1. Prepares Anne Arundel County Public School Comprehensive Maintenance Plan. Applies advanced working knowledge of Excel to produce reports as well as a working knowledge of Access for data base creation and management.
2. Assists in Developing and maintaining a financial accounting procedure for Maintenance.
3. Assists in preparation of annual operating budget requests for Maintenance.
4. Ensures Facilities Management System (SchoolDude) is accurate and kept up to date in areas of, but not limited to, work orders, labor/material entries, scheduled and unscheduled back log, new work orders, component inventory, etc.
5. Establishes reporting systems utilizing SchoolDude to monitor shop production, open/active work orders, new work order project status, etc.
6. Prepares reports as needed or requested by the Supervisor of Maintenance using data from the Work Management database (SchoolDude).
7. Ensures that the maintenance service contracts are monitored for expiration. Coordinates with maintenance shops for timely preparation, bid and award of service contracts prior to the expiration date.
8. Oversees the scheduling and monitoring of contractors, prepares necessary documentation from the Work Order Management System (SchoolDude) for submission to requesting State and Local regulatory agencies as required during inclement weather or emergency events.
9. Works closely with Maintenance Management Staff to ensure coordination between shops.
10. Coordinates with School Administration, Operations Manager, and Area Operations Managers to ensure maintenance operations do not adversely affect the educational environment at schools.
11. Acts as lead person for the Maintenance Department safety committee. Records and maintains safety issues and incidents for department.
12. Serves as Maintenance Board of Education representative on the Counties Emergency Management for planning and operating school facilities when facilities are designated as emergency centers.
13. Assigns and manages the work of the Maintenance Planning staff.
14. Institutes procedures and methods to improve work scheduling and performance.
15. Responsible for employee performance and conduct management of assigned staff.
16. Acts as Supervisor of Maintenance as required.
17. Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made on request to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college in facilities management, business administration, or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience deemed sufficient to prepare the applicant to successfully perform the duties of the position.
· Ten (10) years of progressively responsible experience in facilities management, construction, project management, or relevant experience with business management with three (3) years of supervisory experience. Experience at an educational institution or other multi-site organization is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Demonstrated ability to read and interpret architectural/mechanical drawings and construction specifications.
· Ability to make independent judgments and decisions within established parameters.
· Strong interpersonal skills; excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Familiar with procedures and regulations regarding hazardous materials.
· Demonstrated proficiency with business technology applications (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite -Word, Access data base, Excel, Outlook, and/or Power Point).
· Ability to create a positive environment that values, respects and leverages all employee talents while providing fair advancement for all employees.
· Requires the ability to work shift work, scheduled extended hours, respond to emergencies that require repairs outside of normal working hours and holidays, as necessary.
· Demonstrated ability to effectively work and communicate with diverse populations.
· Possess a valid Maryland Class (C) driver's license and have access daily to a vehicle. Good driving record is required.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS for employment in Grade E by new hire or transfer:
In addition to all the requirements of Grade D listed above
· Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college in facilities management, business administration, or related field.
· Thirteen (13) years of relevant experience, preferably at an educational institution or other multi-site organization, or an equivalent combination of education and experience deemed sufficient to prepare the applicant to successfully perform the duties of the position.
· Advanced working knowledge of managing an operating budget.
· Demonstrated ability in managing maintenance services contracts.
· Demonstrated ability in coordinating and overseeing work between departments within Maintenance.
· Experience in creating, implementing and managing maintenance procedures.
Career Ladder Requirements
Eligibility for consideration for advancement from Grade D to Grade E requires:
· Three (3) consecutive years of experience at Grade D level.
· Mastery of all responsibilities and assignments of the position.
· Demonstrated ability to complete and implement a Comprehensive Maintenance Plan.
· Evidence of completion of additional training that may be recommended by supervisor and/or participation in approved professional development programs or courses, approved in advance by the supervisor, such as Facility Management Professional Credential Program through International Facility Management Association (IFMA).
· Achievement of identified goals as they relate to the needs of the district and as established by the supervisor.
· Consistent maintenance of an effective and orderly work environment.
· Consistent compliance with general office procedures such as standards contained in the AACPS Employee Handbook; demonstration of discretion and excellent customer service; regular and punctual attendance; and building dress code, including wearing AACPS ID badge.
· Above Satisfactory overall job performance rating for three (3) consecutive years, and recommendation of Supervisor
· Approval of Supervisor of Maintenance.
· Good physical condition; able to climb 40' vertical ladder; lift and carry forty (40) pounds.
· Ability to do extensive walking, bending, stooping, crawling, and kneeling to perform assigned tasks.
· Assignments involve sustained physical effort and some exposure to dust, dirt, noise, chemical solutions/solvents/odors, adverse weather conditions, and to minor injury hazards.
· EMPLOYEE SAFTEY:
· Employee is required to use safety devices and protective equipment to minimize the frequency and severity of work-related accidents. Adheres to safe practices and methods in the operation of equipment and supplies related to his/her particular job.
· The employee is responsible for correcting and/or reporting any conditions within the building or grounds that may be hazardous to employees, students or staff members assigned to the building.