Air Conditioning Equipment Mechanic
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Non-Appropriated Fund Instrumentality (NAFI)
- Non-Department of Defense (DoD) Transfer
- Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Interchange Agreement Eligible
- Priority Placement Program (PPP), Program S (Military Spouse) registrant
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
There is no specific length of training or experience required. However, you must be able to demonstrate, through experience shown in your written application materials that you possess the sufficient knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the work of this position without more than normal supervision.
To meet the basic eligibility, you must receive at least two points on the screen-out element indicated below and must have an average of two points on all the job elements listed below. Your application will be further evaluated to determine if you meet the best qualified cut-off for referral to the selecting official.
Selective Placement Factors: Applicants will need to meet the Selective Placement Factors along with the Screen-Out Element. Applicants will need to submit copy of their licenses and/or certifications along with the application. Failure to attach licenses will result in an ineligible rating.
Selective Placement Factor WG-08/10/11:
Applicants MUST possess a Universal Chlorofluorocarbon (CFC) License. (MUST submit a copy of the License with your application package. Failure to attach the license will result in an ineligible rating).
Minimum Qualifications (Screen Out Element): Ability to do the work of an Air Conditioning Equipment Mechanic without more than normal supervision. Failure to meet this Screen Out Element will result in an ineligible rating.
- Ability To Do The Work Of The Position Without More Than Normal Supervision
- Ability To Interpret Instructions, Specification, etc. (includes blueprinting reading)
- Ability To Use and Maintain Tools and Equipment
- Knowledge of Equipment Assembly, Installation, Repair, etc.
- Knowledge of Materials
- Technical Practices (theoretical, precise, artistic)
- Trouble shooting (Electronic Equipment)
- Physical Effort: Frequently carries and sets up parts and equipment that weigh up to 50 pounds. Lifting equipment is available for heavier jobs. Long periods of stooping, stretching, bending, and kneeling may be required when working in hard-to-reach places.
- Working Conditions: Most of the work is performed inside, where areas are usually adequately heated and ventilated, but frequently required to work in cramped and awkward positions on concrete floors and on ladders. Extreme temperatures occur when working in cold rooms and occasionally outside. Protective devices, such as goggles, masks, etc. may be needed periodically when there is a possibility of exposure to refrigerant gases (freon and ammonia). Work is frequently dirty and greasy and mechanic is subject to possible injuries such as cuts, bruises, burns, and electrical shock. Is exposed to dust, dirt, heat, noise, and fumes. Is subject to hazards of burns from hot metal, hot weld splatter, cuts, and bruises. Wears welding safety equipment. Work may involve travel to field locations within the US as well as to the Arctic and other cold regions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct deposit of pay is required.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 18 position.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Position may be filled at any grade level WG-08/10/11.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority. To receive selection priority for this position, you must: (1) meet ICTAP eligibility criteria; (2) be rated well-qualified for the position with a score of 90 or above; and, (3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your ICTAP eligibility. Additional information about the program is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, a review of your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your résumé and supporting documentation will be compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If, after reviewing your résumé and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.