Management Analyst - HRSA Global
25% or less - Domestic travel ranges from 5% to 25% of the time.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
In order to qualify for this GS-12 Management Analyst position, your resume must clearly demonstrate that you have one full year of specialized experience comparable in difficulty and responsibility to at least the GS-11 level in the federal service. Examples of qualifying experience include the following types of tasks performed on a regular and recurring basis:
- Developing policies, objectives, standards, and procedures concerning management improvement activities;
- Reviewing and developing recommendations or comments on programs and studies;
- Researching and/or analyzing complex administrative and management issues; and
- Developing, coordinating, and managing the conduct of ongoing management programs to improve their effectiveness and operation.
In order to qualify for this GS-13 Management Analyst position, your resume must clearly demonstrate that you have one full year of specialized experience comparable in difficulty and responsibility to at least the GS-12 level in the federal service. Examples of qualifying experience include the following types of tasks performed on a regular and recurring basis:
- Using qualitative and quantitative techniques to analyze and measure the effectiveness, efficiency and productivity of administrative and technical programs, including preparing a summary of findings and recommendations for areas of improvement to management;
- Performing a wide variety of analytical studies and projects related to management improvement, productivity improvement, management controls; and
- Developing detailed plans, objectives and strategies for the long-range implementation and administration of programs and/or developing criteria for evaluating the effectiveness of programs.
Current status candidates must meet Time-in-Grade (TIG) by the closing date of this announcement. To allow us to verify that you meet TIG requirements, provide any of the following SF-50s:
- Competitive or Career-ladder promotion to your highest grade (this does not include 120 day temporary promotions)
- With-In-Grade (WGI) increase at your highest grade (this does not include quality step increases (QSIs)
- Competitive career/career-conditional appointment to your highest grade.
- SF-50 at your highest grade held, that is at least one year older than the announcement closing date of 05/30/2018.
Not sure which SF-50 to submit? Check out our video... Go here to watch the video on the SF50s to submit in your application package.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
HHS is an equal opportunity employer. Selection for this position will be based solely on merit without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, national origin, political affiliation, disability, sexual orientation, marital or family status or other differences.
- Security and Background Requirements: If not previously completed, a background security investigation will be required for all appointees. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection and/or appropriate disciplinary action.
- E-Verify: HRSA participates in the USCIS Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify). E-Verify helps employers determine employment eligibility of new hires and the validity of their social security numbers.
- Direct Deposit: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
**Applicants please note: Additional selections may be made across the Health Resources and Services Administration through this vacancy announcement.** Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the application process is complete, a review of resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
- ADMINISTRATION AND MANAGEMENT ? Knowledge of planning, coordination, and execution of business functions, resource allocation, and production.
- BUSINESS PROCESS REENGINEERING - Utilizes methods, metrics, tools, and techniques to analyze and design workflows and business processes within an organization to improve outcomes, customer service, decrease operating costs, increase efficiency and effectiveness of operations, etc.
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT ? Knowledge of the principles, methods, or tools for developing scheduling, coordinating, and managing projects and resources, including monitoring and inspecting costs, work, and contractor performance.
- RESEARCH AND EVALUATION - Knowledge of the principles, methods, and processes used to conduct a systematic and objective inquiry; including study design, collection, analysis, and interpretation of data; and the reporting of results.
To preview the occupational assessment questionnaire, please click on the following link: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10215161 Read more Security clearance Q - Nonsensitive