Nurse (Clinical Research)
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Possess a bachelor's degree in Nursing, and be eligible under the Superior Academic Achievement provision.
- To qualify for Superior Academic Achievement provision, the applicant must meet one of the requirements for superior academic achievement based on:
- a) graduating within the upper third of the graduating class in a college, university, or major subdivision such as the College of Liberal Arts or the School of Business Administration, based on completed courses.
- b) having a grade point average of 3.0 or higher out of a possible 4.0 as recorded on your official transcript, or as computed based on 4 years of education, or as computed based on courses completed during the final 2 years of the curriculum.
- c) 3.5 or higher out of a possible 4.0 based on the average of the required courses completed in the major field or the required courses in the major field completed during the final 2 years of the curriculum; c) being elected for membership in a national scholastic honor society.
- d) graduated within the top third of your class.
Possess a bachelor's degree in Nursing, and at least one full year of professional nursing experience (equivalent to the GS-5 grade level).
Possess two full years of professional nursing experience at the GS-05 level in the federal service obtained in either the private or public sector, performing the following types of tasks: performing venipuncture to obtain blood specimens; recording case histories to include taking temperatures, pulse, respiration, height, weight and blood pressure; testing vision and hearing AND possession of a diploma, associate degree, bachelor's degree, or master's degree from a professional nursing program.
Possess one full year of nursing graduate education in a professional nursing educational program.
https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10211838(link to questionnaire)
This position has an education requirement. You are strongly encouraged to submit a copy of your transcripts (or a list of your courses including titles, credit hours completed and grades). Unofficial transcripts will be accepted in the application package. Official transcripts will be required from all selectees prior to receiving an official offer. Click here for information on Foreign Education.
If you qualify based on education in lieu of specialized experience, you are strongly encouraged to submit a copy of your transcripts or a list of your courses including titles, credit hours completed and grades. Unofficial transcripts will be accepted in the application packages. Official transcripts will be required from all selectees prior to receiving an official offer. Click here for information on Foreign Education
A one-year probationary period may be required upon selection/placement.
- A newly appointed or re-appointed employee may receive service credit for prior work experience or active duty uniformed service that otherwise would not be creditable for the purpose of determining his or her annual leave accrual rate. All creditable service must be directly related to the duties of the position being filled and decisions to allow for such credit must be finalized prior to the selectee's entrance on duty. The use of this service credit incentive is at the discretion of the selecting official and service credit is granted only for a position deemed hard-to-fill.
- This position is designated as an Tier I -'emergency' position, and the selected candidate(s) will be considered an 'emergency' employee and will be required to be available, ready, willing, and able to report for duty under all circumstances, e.g., inclement weather, government closings and holidays, lapse in appropriations, non-emergency and emergency situations for operation 24 hours a day and 365 days per year coverage.
- Additional selections may be made through this vacancy announcement.
- Relocation expenses will not be paid.
- The National Institutes of Health participates in the USCIS Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify). E-Verify helps employers determine employment eligibility of new hires and the validity of their Social Security numbers.
- The NIH maintains a tobacco free work environment and campus.
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Traditional rating and ranking of applications does not apply to this vacancy. You will be evaluated against the basic qualifications. Qualified applicants will be referred for consideration in accordance with the Office of Personnel Management direct hire guidelines. Veterans' Preference does not apply to the direct hire recruitment procedures. Selections made through this announcement will be processed as new appointments to the civil service. Current civil service employees would, therefore, be given new appointments to the civil service.
To be considered well qualified for the purposes of the Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP) and the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP), you must substantively exceed the basic qualifications and meet all eligibility, physical, medical, suitability, and any other requirements.