Airway Transportation Systems Specialist
50% or less - The job may require up to 50% travel.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
There is no timeframe requirement at the Level III/FV-H to compete. Candidates must show experience at the level of difficulty and responsibility that is appropriate to the position. Experience that demonstrates an extensive knowledge of and experience in technology system interrelationships, and management of civilian or military automated aviation, navigation, and electronics systems. Generally, experience at the next lower level Pay Band H/level III or FG/GS-12 or equivalent, meets the minimum qualifications for this position as long as the experience supports the demonstrated abilities identified below.
Examples of Specialized Experience may include, but not limited to the following: experience that demonstrates knowledge and experience in one or more of the following system(s) and service: VISAIDS: Medium Approach lighting system, Visual Approach Slopes Indicator (VASI), Percision Approach Path Indicator (PAPI), Runway End Identifier Lights (REIL), Heating Venting Air Conditioning (HAVAC), Boilers, Chillers and controls, Lightning Bonding and Grounding Fiber Optics Transmission System (FOTS). Engine Generators and associated fuel tanks and switch gear, Power Condition Systems (PCS), Uninterpreted Power Systems (UPS). Experience that demonstrates knowledge In technology system Interrelationships, and management of civilian or military automated aviation, navigation and electronics systems.
You MUST provide a NARRATIVE statement for each Demonstrated Ability. The narratives should be clear and concise, providing a description of your education, training and experience that would describe the degree to which you possess each Demonstrated Ability. Candidates must show experience at the level of difficulty and responsibility appropriate to the position. Eligible candidates will be ranked based on Demonstrated Ability.
Narratives for Demonstrated Abilities identified under qualifications are mandatory. Failure to submit demonstrated abilities statements will prevent you from receiving further consideration.
Qualifications must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
Preview Job Questionnaire Make sure your resume includes detailed information to support your qualifications and answers to the job questionnaire.
We may use this vacancy to fill other similar vacant positions.
Position may be subject to a background investigation.
A one-year probationary period may be required.
The person selected for this position may be required to file a financial disclosure statement within 30 days of entry on duty. FAA policy limits certain outside employment and financial investments in aviation-related companies.
This position is covered by the Department of Transportation's Drug and Alcohol Testing Program. Any applicant tentatively selected for this position will be subject to pre-employment or pre-appointment drug screening. Persons occupying a "testing designated position (TDP)" will be subject to random drug and/or alcohol testing.
Eligible applicants meeting the minimum qualification requirements may be further evaluated on the Demonstrated Abilities listed in the announcement. Based on this evaluation, applicants will be placed in one of the following categories: score order, category grouping, or alphabetical and referred to the selecting official for consideration.
1. Supervisor Endorsement. If your selection for this position would be considered a promotion then a supervisory statement endorsing your candidacy from Career Level III to Career Level IV is required by the closing date of this announcement. The endorsement must include the announcement number. You may upload your document with your application or fax to: 847-294-7691.
2. Supervisory Endorsement is not required for ingrade/downgrade candidates.
3. Supervisory Endorsement Career Level III to Career Level IV must be received by closing date of the vacancy announcement. Failure to submit the supervisory endorsement, will remove the applicant from receiving further consideration.
4. Notice: Answer all questions to the best of your ability. DO NOT ASSUME THAT BECAUSE YOU HOLD, OR HAVE HELD THIS POSITION, YOU WILL AUTOMATICALLY BE FOUND ELIGIBLE. You may be asked to provide evidence or documentation that you have this type of experience at a later stage in the selection process. Your responses are subject to verification through job interviews, or any other information obtained during that application process. Any exaggeration of your experience or any attempt to conceal information can result in disqualification.
5. Interviews: If one qualified applicant is interviewed then all qualified applicants must be interviewed.
6. FAA's Core Compensation Plan: This position is covered by the FAA Core Compensation Pay Plan.
7. Bargaining Unit: This position is covered by the PASS-ATO Bargaining Unit Agreement.
This is a bargaining unit position.
Links to Important Information: Locality Pay , COLA Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
IMPORTANT: Applicants may be rated on the extent and quality of experience, education, and training relevant to the duties of the position(s). All answers provided in the on-line process must be substantiated. Ensure that your application package/resume supports your responses.