Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
You must meet ALL of the minimum qualifications listed below.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university
- An advanced degree or advanced studies in public policy, economics, business administration, or any other related discipline.
- Previous experience writing for a nontechnical audience, and demonstrated ability to concisely communicate complicated issues.
- Strong writing skills and experience in drafting and editing a variety of written products such as full white papers, short reports, blogs, and brief articles.
- Proven ability to communicate your work visually.
- Previous experience developing or executing research methodologies.
- Experience with creating and delivering presentations.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and Access, and knowledge of other analytical software like SAS or R.
- An interest in or experience with Postal Service business and operations, or regulated industries, at the domestic or international level.
- Ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively in a fast-paced, high-profile environment.
- Intellectual curiosity and experience in imagining strategic solutions to complex problems.
- Ability to be detail oriented and meet tight deadlines.
You must have the experience, knowledge and skills as listed in EACH of the evaluation factors. Failure to demonstrate that you meet all of the evaluation factor requirements as listed below will result in a score of zero (0); an ineligible status, and you will not be referred for further consideration. Include your major accomplishments relevant to the position requirements in your resume.
- Knowledge of public policy, business, or economic issues.
- Ability to conduct research and analysis, and use that information to prepare high-quality analytical reports, white papers, and other written materials.
- Quantitative and/or qualitative analytical skills for the purpose of determining systemic or procedural problems and developing findings as well as suggesting solutions.
- Ability to express and present ideas clearly and concisely, both in writing and orally.
You will no longer be considered for this position if you receive a zero (0) rating on any evaluation factor.
Failure to demonstrate that you meet all evaluation factor requirements will result in a score of zero (0). Upon receipt of a zero score, you will be deemed "not minimally qualified," and you will not be referred for further consideration.
Education must be accredited by an institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Applicants can verify accreditation here: www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred. Special Instructions for Candidates with Foreign Education: Education completed outside the United States must be deemed equivalent to that gained in U.S. education programs. You must submit all necessary documents to a private U.S. credential evaluation service to interpret equivalency of your education against courses given in U.S. accredited colleges and universities. For further information visit: http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html.
Please contact an internal Human Resources Representative if you have any questions about your USPS OIG Employee Benefits.
This agency provides Reasonable Accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you require accommodations for any part of the application and/or hiring process, please send an email to email@example.com. The decision on granting an accommodation request will be made on a case by case basis.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
The Human Resources Office will review your resume and supporting documentation to ensure that you meet the minimum qualifications required for this position. You will no longer be considered for this position if you receive a zero (0) rating on any evaluation factor; fail to attach all required documentation; if your application materials indicate that you are not minimally-qualified for this position; or if you fail to qualify on the interview. Only the top-rated candidates will be referred to a review official or the selecting official for further consideration. Top-rated applicants may be required to participate in an interview. Your rating may be further adjusted or rated as ineligible by the review official or the selecting official based on your interview performance. Once all applicant scores are finalized, the selecting official will make a final decision. NOTE: If you receive a zero (0) rating on any evaluation factor or on the interview, you will be considered NOT MINIMALLY QUALIFIED for the position and rated ineligible.Read more Security clearance Other